Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
Alto is building the world's most patient-centric, tech enabled pharmacy, and we are seeking a
strategic, operational minded individual to be a key member of our quickly growing Accounting
team. This role will lead accounting projects aimed at improving efficiencies and controls,
support our month end close as well as integrate and operationalize new strategic partnerships
and markets. This individual will report to the Financial Operations Manager and can be located
in either the San Francisco, CA, Denver, CO, or Dallas, TX office. The ideal candidate is not
only strong in accounting and SOX compliance, but has a background in implementing scalable
processes in a fast paced, high growth environment, and the ability to clearly communicate
recommendations and work cross functionally to deliver results.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Develop policies, processes and controls to mitigate operational and financial risks
- Assist with SOX compliance and remediation for non-compliance issues
- Work on accounting projects aimed at increasing scalability, governance and automation by working cross functionally in order to ensure the proper accounting processes and treatment are created
- Develop procedures to improve efficiency and short term solutions while also creating long term scalable solutions
- Prepare various technical accounting analyses, policies, and procedures
- Support process automation through systems and/or processes
- Identify, prioritize and govern initiatives that can improve timeliness and accuracy of financial close
- Support month-end close process including preparation of financial analysis, journal entries, reconciliations and flux reports
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues
- Support external audits
A bit about you:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; CPA/CA or equivalent
- At least 5 years of progressive accounting experience
- Big four or national accounting firm experience is required (industry experience is a bonus)
- Accounting experience to include working at a mid-sized or large, public and high volume, consumer/retail experience
- Experience with developing scalable, efficient and controlled processes
- Understanding and experience with SOX compliance
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Collaborative working style and ability to work cross functionally
- Experience with ERP/other system implementations is a strong plus
- Industry experience in healthcare a plus
- A passion for Alto’s mission and values!
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.