Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
As the Payroll Analyst at Alto, you'll own the payroll process from start to finish. You have enough depth of experience within the payroll world to handle the full payroll processing for a growing company. You are able to research and resolve payroll issues and provide a high level of customer service to all employees. You will be integral as we scale and establish appropriate workflows to ensure all of our employees are paid efficiently, correctly, and on time. You are team-focused, customer service oriented, and will partner collaboratively with our Finance and People teams.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Process payroll for exempt, non-exempt and independent contractors in multiple states on a weekly and bi-weekly schedule
- Coordinate with employees and managers to ensure timecards are accurate and approved in a timely manner
- Calculate and process off-cycle payruns
- Partner with HR to update ADP WFN for new hires, employee changes, promotions, terminations, additional earnings, and one-time payments
- Manage benefit deductions and garnishments
- Reconcile and validate payroll data prior to transmission
- Respond to employee inquiries in a timely manner, troubleshoot issues related to payroll and manage the payroll inbox
- Coordinates with payroll service provider on issues affecting employee and company level payroll
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage and hour laws, and best practices
- Assist with processing accurate and timely year-end reporting (1099, W2 & W2-c)
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions
- Assist with audits, upgrades, and implementations
- Perform other tasks as needed
A bit about you:
- 5+ years of payroll experience
- Experience using the Workday HRIS
- In-depth knowledge of ADP Workforce Now/Time and Attendance
- Strong knowledge of Federal and State regulations
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices
- Highly proficient in Gsuite and Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: extensive reading, viewing a computer terminal, transcribing spoken/written speech, and reviewing or analyzing data and figures.
- Communicating with others to exchange information via phone, video conference, and other modes of communication. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.