Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment.
Our more than 1000 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: improving the quality of life for everyone who needs it. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
About The Team
We’re looking for an experienced, growth focused thought leader to inform and influence business development strategy. This individual will have a network across health care channels and a deep understanding of the payor landscape, including self-insured employers. This is an opportunity to build a startup within a startup, which will require an entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to wear multiple hats.
This position reports to the Director of Enterprise with interfaces across the Chief Commercial Officer, President/COO, Head of Sales and the sales leadership team, Therapeutic Area General Managers (TA GMs,) Chief Financial Officer (CFO,) Head of Operations, and Head of Product.
The successful candidate shall have strong skills and experience across the following areas:
- Navigating the PBM, payor and employer benefits landscape with deep understanding of health plan design, reimbursement factors, regulatory constraints, and clinical drivers
- Thinking strategically to translate high level business objectives into clear, actionable initiates
- Managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Taking initiative to simplify and solve complex problems influencing across a wide range of interdependent functions
Accelerate Your Career As You
- Develop trusted client relationships to expand scope of deals and nurture partnerships
- Build and execute strategies to deepen Alto’s footprint with PBM’s, health plans, and employers
- Develop and implement initiatives to increase engagement and retention at the Enterprise level
- Own, troubleshoot and resolve any and all account issues
- Work cross-functionally to provide “Voice of the Customer” feedback to Product & Engineering
- Work cross-functionally to design relevant solutions for roadblocks with Enterprise adoption
- Ensure all processes and documentation with clients or patients are compliant
- Collaborate across teams to handle complex operational issues and increase share per account
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with C-level executives within your book of business
- Identify and relay industry trends, including regulatory changes that could impact business offering
- Demonstrate Alto’s values as a brand ambassador both in and outside the office
A Bit About You
- 8 years sales or business development experience in healthcare with direct experience working with or within a PBM, insurance broker, health plan, managed care organization, or similar related entity.
- Ability to use data to prioritize, drive strategic discussion, and ultimately deliver real outcomes
- Resourceful and entrepreneurial spirit. You enjoy doing whatever it takes to break through unexpected barriers and obstacles, and balance detail-orientation with the ability to move fast
- Excel in cross functional collaboration and demonstrate leadership through influence
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Proven success in a startup or other fast-changing environment is a plus
- MBA/B.A in healthcare or business related field is a plus
- Clinical experience is a plus
- Experience selling health tech products or services is a plus
Additional Physical Job Requirements
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.