We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 900 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
About The Team
Alto seeks a dynamic and energetic Business Development Manager (BDM) to scale the growing opportunity to deepen our enterprise lead strategy through partnerships with payors and health plans. The BDM will be responsible for ensuring Alto delivers a best-in-class experience for our Enterprise partners, primarily focused on Health Plans and Employer groups. The BDM will be responsible for the continued growth of the Alto relationship, primarily at the C-suite to VP levels, and for expanding Alto’s footprint across multiple Therapeutic Areas within an Enterprise partner’s ecosystem. As a BDM, you will work closely with a cross-functional team, including marketing, operations, Partner Managers and Provider Success
At Alto, culture is one of the key differentiators enabling the firm to disrupt the entrenched competition. The successful candidate will fit into and strengthen the culture while balancing the requirement to aggressively drive change across people, process and technology. The BDM will be single mindedly focused on developing relationships with payor and health plans (local, state and national) to define/scope partnership opportunities in coordination with Alto’s cross-functional partners.
This position reports to the Director of Enterprise with interfaces across the Chief Commercial Officer, President/COO, Head of Sales and the sales leadership team, Therapeutic Area General Managers (TA GMs,) Chief Financial Officer (CFO,) Head of Operations, and Head of Product.
The successful candidate shall have strong skills and experience across the following areas:
- Navigating the healthcare payor landscape with emphasis on how payors design plans, match patients, manage costs and manage the sales cycle (RFP)
- Thinking strategically to translate high level business objectives into clear, actionable initiates
- Operating cross functionally working to bring solutions across sales, product, and operations
- Taking initiative to simplify and solve complex problems influencing across a wide range of interdependent functions
Accelerate Your Career As You
- Develop trusted client relationships to expand scope of deals and nurture partnerships
- Build and execute strategies to deepen Alto’s footprint with payors and health plans
- Develop and implement initiatives to increase engagement and retention at the Enterprise level
- Own, troubleshoot and resolve any and all account issues
- Facilitate the resolution of internal workflow needs, working closely with Partnership Managers and Provider Success, to ensure the Enterprise experience is as friction-less and delightful as the Alto patient and provider experience
- Work cross-functionally to provide Voice of the Customer feedback to Product & Engineering
- Work cross-functionally to design relevant solutions for roadblocks with Enterprise adoption
- Ensure all processes and documentation with clients or patients are compliant
- Collaborate with cross functional team to handle complex operational issues and increase share per account
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with C-level executives within your book of business
- Participate in cross-functional workstreams, including product, to determine the best integration strategy across Enterprise partners
- Relay feedback and competitive intelligence from the field to product, marketing, and finance.
- Demonstrate Alto’s values as a brand ambassador both in and outside the office.
A Bit About You
- 6+ years business development experience in healthcare, business development experience, direct experience establishing partnerships with health plans
- Excellent business judgment and analytical skills, and can use data to prioritize, drive strategic discussion, and ultimately deliver real outcomes
- Resourceful and entrepreneurial spirit. You enjoy doing whatever it takes to break through unexpected barriers and obstacles, and balance detail-orientation with the ability to move fast
- Deep comfort with cross functional collaboration and leadership through influence
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Proven success in a startup or other fast-changing environment a plus
- B.A/B.S is a plus
- A passion for Alto’s mission and values!
Additional Physical Job Requirements
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com