Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
The Strategic Finance team is an embedded, trusted advisor to all functions at Alto and plays a key role in the continued development, refinement, and optimization of our business model. We proactively identify risks and opportunities, drive solutions to complex problems, and collaborate cross-functionally to ensure our stakeholders remain well informed and effective decision-makers. As a key contributor on the Corporate Finance team you’re excited to help us build a best-in-class finance function. You’ll take a hands-on approach in defining and implementing best practices that enhance the overall teams’ capabilities, own relationships at various levels for key functions, and influence company-wide strategic decisions. This role can sit in either our SF or Dallas locations.
Accelerate your Career as You:
- Partner with our Engineering, Product, Design, and other teams to understand and drive investment decisions
- Shape our company operating model by building and driving the delivery of key financial processes including planning, reporting, and forecasting
- Implement and continuously refine and upgrade financial infrastructure in order to best reflect the business, improve decision-making, and help us transition to a mature enterprise
- Design monthly and quarterly financial reports and dashboards with actionable insights and KPIs for Alto’s leadership and Board of Directors
- Contribute to Investor Relations and Corporate Development activities
- Own special projects / ad hoc analyses - constant change will bring new ideas, initiatives, products, risks, and opportunities that you will assess and drive
A Bit About You:
- Embody Alto’s mission and values - Patients Come First, Leave No Patient Behind, Start With Empathy, Focus On Impact, Think Rigorously, Be Humble
- 5+ years of strategic finance, corporate finance or investment banking experience at a high-growth startup or well-established company
- Proven success managing budgets for major functional areas and senior leadership within an organization
- Advanced Excel / financial modeling skills. Best practices are second-nature, you can handle complexity but strive for simplicity
- Solid understanding of enterprise-level financial systems and processes
- Basic SQL proficiency (or willingness to learn)
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to set and meet tight deadlines
- Deep understanding of accounting principles and financial statements
- Self-starter, with strong ability to work with minimal direction and to set effective project plans
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.