Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
The Strategic Finance team is an embedded, trusted advisor to all functions at Alto and plays a key role in the continued development, refinement, and optimization of our business model. We proactively identify risks and opportunities, drive solutions to complex problems, and collaborate cross-functionally to ensure our stakeholders remain well informed and effective decision-makers. As a leader on the Growth Finance team you are comfortable operating at all levels and will partner closely with our commercial leadership team to drive strategy across key business segments. You’ll develop deep expertise as you provide actionable insights, create analytical frameworks to better evaluate the business, and drive continued efficiencies to optimize decision making. This role can sit in either our SF or Dallas locations.
Accelerate your Career as You:
- Partner with and be a thought leader to our General Manager, Sales, and Marketing teams to drive strategic decisions across the company
- Establish proactive process to develop, monitor, and analyze KPIs including a regular operating /financial review cadence
- Work with Sales Ops to develop and own revenue models, ensure alignment with investment priorities, and refine sales cycle assumptions to improve forecasting accuracy
- Deliver monthly/quarterly analysis of financial results including variances to plan, ensuring key issues, risks and business drivers are understood and highlighted
- Lead the financial planning process for the commercial functions, including managing the department-level budgets and variance analysis
- Collaborate with FP&A and Accounting to ensure accurate and efficient processes around close and financial reporting
- Own and drive frequent ad hoc as well as targeted projects to support business decisions
A Bit About You:
- 6+ years of strategic finance, corporate finance or investment banking experience at a high-growth startup or well-established company
- Advanced Excel / financial modeling skills. Best practices are second-nature, you can handle complexity but strive for simplicity
- Strong communication and analytical skills; experience presenting to senior leadership
- Comfortable with ambiguity, pragmatic, curious, data-driven and results-oriented
- SQL proficiency
- Ability to distill complex analyses and nuanced problems into simple, logical frameworks with concrete action plans
- Experienced user of analytics and visualization tools like Looker and Tableau, proficiency with CRM software, advanced Google Suite skills
- Proven track record of developing people, leading and managing high-performing teams
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and proven experience in building collaborative working relationships with teams across the organization
Additional Physical Job Requirements
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 (can vary by position, office managers for example may be expected to lift more) pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.