Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
The Finance team is an embedded, trusted advisor to all functions at Alto and plays a key role in the continued development, refinement, and optimization of our business model. We proactively identify risks and opportunities, drive solutions to complex problems, and collaborate cross-functionally to ensure our stakeholders remain well informed and effective decision-makers. As the financial data leader you are naturally curious and excited to apply your analytical skills to drive insights, improve the availability and usability of those insights, streamline processes, and democratize information to impact our business. You’ll work closely with our Engineering, Product, and Ops teams to define roadmaps and contribute to the development of our financial systems. This role can sit in either our SF or Dallas locations.
Accelerate your Career as You:
- Act as a critical thought partner and collaborate closely with Product, Engineering, and others to provide visibility, identify important questions, and recommend solutions to drive meaningful impact to our patients and providers
- Become the subject matter expert for data management including data integrity, acquisition, mining, analysis, metrics and reporting for the finance team
- Design, build and maintain scalable business intelligence solutions to improve the availability and usability of data and insights on a self-serve basis
- Drive strategic initiatives to improve the quality and timeliness of insights
- Contribute to the drafting and maintenance of policies, procedures, and other documentation to ensure uniform, accurate, and consistent data are present
- Collaborate with engineering teams and product managers to build, scale, and continuously refine our financial infrastructure to help us transition to a mature enterprise
- Own special projects / ad hoc analyses - constant change will bring new ideas, initiatives, products, risks, and opportunities that you will assess and drive with creative, data-driven approaches
A Bit About You:
- Embody Alto’s mission and values - Patients Come First, Leave No Patient Behind, Start With Empathy, Focus On Impact, Think Rigorously, Be Humble
- Expert fluency in SQL-based data manipulation. Experience in scripting with SQL and extracting large sets of data
- BA/BS or Master's degree in a quantitative field such as; Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Science
- 5+ years of experience in finance and/or data roles with at least 2 years of experience in an analytics or technical role, using SQL regularly to analyze data and provide insights
- Closely partner with business, product, engineering, research and design to influence and inform teammates’ decisions throughout the product lifecycle
- High level of comfort creating dashboards in Looker/Tableau or comparable software
- Passionate about solving real user problems with data-driven solutions
- Thrive in a dynamic fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. You're unafraid to dive into an unfamiliar problem but humble enough to make mistakes and iterate
- High proficiency with Excel or G-sheets. Best practices are second-nature, you can handle complexity but strive for simplicity
- Solid understanding of enterprise-level financial systems and processes
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.