Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
The delivery team at Alto is responsible for transporting all of our medications from our pharmacy/fulfillment centers to our patients. We primarily run a same-day, last mile courier-delivery operation and a small percentage of our items are shipped via FedEx or USPS. As a Project Manager on the delivery team, you are passionate about logistics and delivering the best patient and courier experience at the lowest possible cost. You thrive in fast-paced work environments and have developed ways of dealing with stressful situations. You are comfortable with manipulating data to generate insights and business recommendations. You are eager to identify and own continuous improvement across our business.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Implement Tools & Platform: Assess current state of tooling for the delivery business, map against business requirements, make recommendation on changes and drive implementation to completion
- Cross-Functional Lead: Network and collaborate with senior leaders across Alto to correct issues that span across multiple departments to improve delivery operations.
- Process Improvement: Evaluate, plan and implement process improvement initiatives on the delivery team. You should also expect to lead or participate in Kaizen’s (with support from other teams).
- Data Analysis: Analyze data and implement operational changes to drive our key metrics
- 3rd Party Shipping Manager: Manage relationship with FedEx, UPS and USPS. Drive contract negotiations, manage delivery delays and drive process improvement
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 6+ years experience working in e-commerce or last-mile delivery operations at a high-growth startup. Experience in consulting, banking or project management also a plus.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment where you own your role from start to finish, and make decisions quickly and independently
- Are enthusiastic about building a positive culture in a dynamic team
- Have outstanding multitasking abilities, sound judgment and critical thinking skills
- Are an expert oral and written communicator
- Exemplifying Alto’s mission and our company values
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Travel: Required up to 15% of the time