Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the team
Alto is seeking a licensed Pharmacy Technician to provide an outstanding patient experience from on-boarding through delivery at our Culver City pharmacy. We want an individual who is passionate about improving patient health outcomes by changing the traditional pharmacy model for the better, and making access to medications simple and seamless through quality service. We are looking for a team player who is analytical, detail-oriented, adept at prioritizing, reliable, and has exceptional communication skills.
Accelerate your Career as You:
- Perform quality control and prescription order consolidation in preparation for delivery; checking the complete details of the order, to ensure patients are receiving the correct medications
- Work with our fantastic team of in-house couriers and route them effectively to deliver to our patients on time
- Engage and communicate cross-functionally with other teams to improve our internal systems
- Pay close attention to detail as you fill, label, and package prescriptions to ensure the right package, gets to the right place, at the right time
- Accurately prepare and fill orders for patients in a timely manner and with precise detail
- Assist with inventory management duties such as placing orders with vendors and confirming receipt, removing outdated drugs, and ensuring medication availability by maintaining/stocking automated dispensing machines
- Apply your knowledge of the pharmacy industry in a company that’s revolutionizing the pharmacy experience
- You will have the opportunity to collaborate and cross train with different departments across the company to accommodate business needs
A Bit About You:
- A current CPhT pharmacy technician license or a pharmacy technician in training license (must complete hours to get pharmacy technician license within 1 year of starting with Alto)
- Open availability during operating business hours, to include evenings and weekends (flexibility to business needs/hours)
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to multitask across multiple platforms
- Know how to prioritize in a constantly changing environment
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Compliance with all BoP regulations and other federal/ state/ local agencies
- 6+ months of working in a pharmacy
- Retail or Long Term Care experience preferred
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Prolonged periods of standing and bending.
- Lift, carry, and /or push/pull various items (bags, boxes, carts, etc.) while using proper technique.
- Lift up to 35lbs. from floor to chest level, and lift and carry up to 35 lbs. at waist height a reasonable distance.
- Sit or stand up a majority of work days (8-10 hours) or sit for long periods of time depending on the needs of the pharmacy operation and call center.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.