About the Team
Alto seeks a dynamic and energetic Corporate Controller and Treasurer to support the achievement of industry leading effectiveness and efficiency across our rapidly growing organization. Reporting to the CFO, the Controller and Treasurer will lead and grow Alto’s Accounting function, and enhance the company’s policies, processes, controls, and financial reporting to meet PCAOB accounting standards. He/She will be instrumental in taking a key role in upgrading our accounting technology infrastructure to support our transition from AICPA to PCAOB standard while implementing public company controls. The ideal candidate would have had prior experience working in a startup environment and would have had experience taking companies public.
He/She will be responsible for directing the corporate accounting activities and functions, including, the accounting close, external reporting, establishing and maintaining accounting policies and procedures; interpreting guidance regarding complex accounting issues, new accounting pronouncements and regulations and effectively managing significant interaction and communication with other corporate functions. On top of leading the Company’s Treasury function, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll, the Controller will also work with external auditors for its annual year-end audits and external tax team. The company is looking for an extremely detail-oriented individual who enjoys working in a dynamic environment.
At Alto, culture is one of the key differentiators enabling the company to disrupt the entrenched competition. The successful candidate will fit into and strengthen the culture while balancing the requirements of the role.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Oversee all accounting functions, including the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process, financial statement preparation, and tax planning and compliance, all at a PCAOB level.
- Provide leadership required to strengthen and grow the accounting team, with a commitment to recruiting, training, and mentoring.
- Prepare timely and accurate financial statements and manage the cadence of financial reporting for our leadership team and our Board of Directors.
- Evaluate current accounting practices and policies to ensure practices and financial reporting are continuously improving, and to meet current and future requirements.
- Develop internal control guidelines, technical accounting policies, and procedures and build out a comprehensive internal control environment.
- Manage the annual external audit and be primary liaison with the external auditors.
- Evaluate the technology systems used within accounting and where appropriate guide the implementation of more functional and scalable solutions.
- Partner with the CFO to determine accounting implications for all material business decisions.
- Provide financial guidance on technical accounting and financial reporting issues.
- Partner with FP&A to improve the accuracy of the cash flow forecast, and develop a deep understanding of cash flow trends
- Plan and direct all accounting activities across the organization, to ensure compliance with GAAP, SEC regulations, SOX, statutory guidelines, and internal financial policies and procedures
- Work closely with internal and external technical accounting advisors and external auditors to meet all financial reporting requirements
A bit about you:
- CPA designation, active license a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business required, Master’s Degree in Business Administration a plus.
- Prior experience as Controller, Assistant Controller, VP Accounting, or CAO, at a public company, or equivalent high-level experience at a public accounting firm.
- 15+ years of relevant experience in accounting with a demonstrated increase in responsibility.
- Previous Big 4 public accounting experience is preferred.
- Must possess US GAAP technical accounting knowledge and analytical skills to support a growing company and experience drafting and reviewing financial statements.
- Experience owning the entire accounting process.
- Communicates clearly and effectively, including the ability to explain complicated technical concepts.
- Strong leadership skills required.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to meet deadlines.
- Roll-Up-The-Sleeves Style: You enjoy an entrepreneurial atmosphere that requires you to pitch in to get the job done and working within a lean environment.
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: extensive reading, viewing a computer terminal, transcribing spoken/written speech, and reviewing or analyzing data and figures.
- Communicating with others to exchange information via phone, video conference, and other modes of communication. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com