Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
The Pricing team’s mission is to provide patients with price transparency and affordable options to fill their medications. We are responsible for the workflows used to bill prescriptions to insurance, as well as how price is communicated and surfaced in the patient app. We’re focused on automating billing so patients can receive the best price options within minutes of sending a prescription to Alto
Accelerate your career as you:
- Work with peers across Product and Operations to automate pricing and impact top line Alto OKRs and business metrics
- Coach and empower the team to consistently ship high quality work
- Grow the team from 5 to 10+ engineers over the next 6 months
- Develop and build our next-gen technical architecture
A bit about you:
- 5+ years of experience writing production code
- 1+ years of engineering management experience
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with Product Managers and Designers to drive a business metric with agile product development.
- Successfully recruited senior engineers, on your own and with a recruiting team
- Backend or Full Stack technical background. The team works primarily in Rails, with some React, Go and React Native.
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.