Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
We are looking for a Sr. Full Stack Engineer to join as a key contributor to our core patient services team. The patient services team ensures we provide patients with the best-possible experience, by delivering on all the promises we make to them in the process of fulfilling and billing their prescriptions. You will join a high impact team focusing on scaling, automating and improving core aspects of our value stream. We work closely with Product and Design to refine and build the next generation of key workflows of internal applications that improve the health outcomes of our patients.
Accelerate your Career as You:
- Play a critical role in designing and building core parts of our Patient Care applications, such as verifying, billing, and scheduling patient prescriptions
- Have the unique opportunity to contribute and drive an engineering culture that focuses on quality, user experience and impact
- Focus on scaling and automating our existing services and delivering high impact features for our Pharmacy Operations team
A Bit About You:
- Have 5+ years of experience writing production code
- Have architected complex systems for long-term maintainability, performance, and scalability
- Are proficient in one or more backend programming languages. (At Alto, we mainly use Ruby on Rails and Go on the backend with ReactJS on the frontend, but experience with these specific languages is not required.)
- Strong engineering fundamentals but derives satisfaction from mentorship and elevating team members
- Passionate about Alto’s mission and our company values
- Experience with designing and implementing service oriented architectures
- Experience leading a team of at least 3 other engineers
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.