Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Role
The role of Pharmacy Supervisor is one of Alto’s most critical functions. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring our fulfillment facilities' efficiency and scalability. A chief objective will be to establish operational excellence, particularly as it pertains to performance metrics and compliance. You will use your in-depth knowledge of pharmacy regulations, inventory management, and patient safety practices to meet and exceed SLAs.
Additional responsibilities include partnering with our Recruiting and HR teams to attract, hire, develop, and retain a team of pharmacists and technicians. You will use your experience growing teams to identify and evaluate high-performing, high-potential candidates. Post-hire, you will oversee and coach their performance management and development.
Accelerate your Career as You:
- Direct the continued growth and expansion of Alto’s flagship pharmacy.
- Spend 50% of your time in pharmacy operations strategy/execution vs. clinical functions.
- Coach and develop a team of Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians, and Fulfillment Coordinators to optimize quality and patient experience.
- Ensure proper ordering, handling, receiving, documentation, and storage of all medications.
- Manage staffing, scheduling, workflow, hiring, performance evaluations, and disciplinary action.
- Ensure that the pharmacy is compliant with:
- Local, state, and federal rules and regulations regarding the practice of pharmacy
- Third party payor contract rules and regulations held by Alto
- Policies and procedures as set forth by Alto
A Bit About You:
- At least 4 years of recent experience as a Pharmacist in Charge/Pharmacy Manager
- Previous experience leading a high volume operation and managing a staff of at least 20 people
- Proven track record of establishing and improving complex workflows within a high-volume fulfillment operation
- Experience using tools such as Excel, Tableau, or Looker to collect, analyze, and interpret data
- Demonstrable record of driving KPI improvements
- Licensed and in good standing with the CA State Board of Pharmacy.
- Previous experience as a multi-site leader or leader of a large mail order/fulfillment center/hospital system pharmacy
- Experience using lean, Kaizen or similar continuous improvement methodologies
- APICS, Six Sigma or other certification
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Exposed to a normal office environment.
- Lift, carry, reach, and /or push/pull various items (bags, boxes, carts, etc.) while using proper technique up to 35 lbs.
- Standing, walking, bending, and sitting depending on the needs of the pharmacy operation.
- Operate all equipment necessary to do the job.
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away including differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
- Required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Use one or two hands and/ or fingers to grasp, move, or assemble objects.
- Repeat the same movements.
Travel: Yes. Required up to 10% of the time
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.