Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
About the Team
As a member of the Operational Excellence team, you will help to ensure we continue to improve all aspects of Alto, make us as efficient and effective as possible, while providing superior customer service. We clearly understand the current state of our processes and then develop the right processes and products to move our business forward toward perfection. We partner cross-functionally to identify problems and opportunities, identify root causes, and prioritize implementation of solutions for Care Ops, working with Product / Engineering to get cutting edge solutions to our associates and customers. We facilitate Change Management throughout the improvement lifecycle.
About the Role:
As a Sr. Project Manager in Operational Excellence, your chief objective will be to support and execute complex projects and events in collaboration with our Principals. You will develop and implement data-based solutions, using operations data to analyze and identify root causes to problems. Additional duties will include partnering with key stakeholders to develop process solutions using the DMAIC strategy. You will also be able to grow your existing knowledge of data analytics and be exposed to various statistical tools and techniques (advanced Lean Six Sigma tools) and advanced Change Management techniques.
Accelerate Your Career as You:
- Collaborate with project sponsors/Direct Responsible Individuals (DRI’s - Director to VP Level) to determine project scope and vision.
- Support the DRI to elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of stakeholders, be they customers or end users
- Support DRI in the operational management of cross functional projects / initiatives - be that facilitating meetings, acting as a Business Analyst in the translation of Business requirements to Product/Engineering level requirements, Change Management and project management type activities
- Complex Projects/ Initiatives should be tracked to achieve operational and financial goals and targets utilizing Hoshin Planning Calendars
- Support and lead cross functional, complex components of Lean / Six Sigma efforts to include Root Cause Analysis, DMAIC, and Kaizen
A Bit About You:
- 3-5 years of experience in operations, finance, supply chain, pharmacy, pharmaceutical, or contact center
- Ability to use spreadsheet based tools for data analysis and to create data visualizations and compelling stories.
- Previous experience improving multiple complex work streams and processes
- Demonstrable experience interacting and communicating effectively with Management (to include Director to VP level individuals)
- Experience presenting to all levels of the business, including executive leadership and cross-functional peers using written and verbal communication modes (SOP, SW, eMail, Slides, etc.)
- Green Belt Lean/Six Sigma Experience or Project Management Professional
- Previous experience as Pharmacy Technician
- Experience in Healthcare or Pharmacy
- Graduate degree
Additional Physical Job Requirements
- Read English, comprehend, and follow complex oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Facilitate Small groups to a final product
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Travel to Company hubs (San Francisco, Dallas, Denver) - ~50% Travel
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Lack of equitable healthcare access is a far-reaching crisis disproportionately affecting marginalized people—Black, Brown, Indigenous, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, women, and others. Alto was founded to fulfill medicine’s true purpose: improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. Acknowledging this audacious mission, we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups in tech to apply. We also encourage applications from military service members, domestic and foreign.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.