Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
About the Team:
Alto seeks a dynamic and energetic General Manager (GM) for the fast growing Pulmonology Therapeutic Area (Pulm TA) to lead and accelerate growth in partnership with the sales force. The GM is responsible for the P&L for the Pulm TA from revenue through to contribution. Revenue is delivered through close coordination with the sales leadership team where the GM is directly responsible for defining priority accounts via an account segmentation, defining priority prescriptions and supporting programs, and works cross functionally with product and operations to ensure delivery of a range of services to patients and providers. Furthermore, the GM will analyze and develop solutions to improve patient metrics across the patient lifecycle journey from activation to attachment to retention with the goal of increasing the percentage of patients with auto-refill of their full basket of prescriptions. The GM will also work closely with the sales and marketing teams to optimize our go to market, clinic adoption, and sales productivity.
At Alto, culture is one of the key differentiators enabling the firm to disrupt the entrenched competition. The successful candidate will fit into and strengthen the culture while balancing the requirement to aggressively drive change across people, process and technology. The leader will be single mindedly focused on defining and delivering a rolling 6 month business plan for the Pulm TA.
This position reports to the Chief Commercial Officer with interfaces across President/COO, Head of Sales and the sales leadership team, Therapeutic Area General Managers (TA GMs,) Chief Financial Officer (CFO,) Head of Operations, and Head of Product. The GM will initially lead a team including one Associate and build out the TA team as the business scales.
The successful candidate shall have strong skills and experience across the following areas:
- Selling to clinics and providers that write a large number of pulm scripts
- Navigating the healthcare payor landscape with emphasis on how payors and providers interact and how this ultimately impacts the patient
- Thinking strategically to translate high level business objectives into clear, actionable initiates
- Operating cross functionally working to bring solutions across sales, product, and operations
- Taking initiative to simplify and solve complex problems influencing across a wide range of interdependent functions
Accelerate your career as you:
- Develop and implement 6 month Pulm TA operating plan including leading a clear set of priorities that will rapidly scale the business
- Partner with sales to develop a plan that expands depth of product adoption and share of script penetration within priority clinics
- Analyze and manage profitability from revenue to contribution and pursue a set of cross functional initiatives to expand margin over time including manufacturer relationships, operational improvements, and fulfillment models
- Partner with product, patient care, and operations to continuously improve the patient experience
- Identify, prioritize and develop strategic partnerships to support growth and expansion
- Establish and manage corporate relationships with key manufacturers to ensure access, maximize margins, and identify revenue driving opportunities
- Collaborate with marketing to develop TA-specific collateral, landing pages, events, and promotions
- Constantly refine the service and solution for your TA including pricing, packaging, and positioning. On an ongoing basis, you will conduct user research and leverage internal and external subject matter experts to inform product roadmap and customization, and to determine which tools, resources and clinical programs will differentiate Alto and improve clinical outcomes
- Monitor SLAs and quality for your therapeutic area and identify opportunities for improvement
- Maintain competitive pharmacy analysis at national and regional levels to inform GTM selection, competitive messaging and product development, and the specific business needs for your TA
A bit about you:
- 10+ years leadership experience in healthcare, ideally in the pulmonary space, in a sales, market access or marketing role
- 3-5 years healthcare related sales experience, direct experience selling pulm pharmaceuticals desired
- Excellent business judgment and analytical skills, and can use data to prioritize, drive strategic discussion, and ultimately deliver real outcomes
- Resourceful and entrepreneurial spirit. You enjoy doing whatever it takes to break through unexpected barriers and obstacles, and balance detail-orientation with the ability to move fast
- Deep comfort with cross functional collaboration and leadership through influence
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Proven success in a startup or other fast-changing environment a plus
- B.A/B.S, MBA is a plus
- A passion for Alto’s mission and values!
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.