Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team:
As a Senior Manager for Information Technology’s Vendor Management Office (IT VMO), you will be focused on managing technology vendors that are critical to both Alto’s day-to-day operations and future growth. This role plays an integral part in expanding Alto’s Information Technology capabilities through third parties in a financially sustainable manner, and ensuring our vendors are meeting their contractual obligations to Alto. You will work closely with a cross-functional team including Information Technology, Security, Legal, Finance, Accounting, Pharmacy Operations, Partnerships Managers, Workplace Services, other teams within Alto, and your leadership team with the goal of expanding Alto capabilities and service levels via sustainable relationships with third party vendors.
A successful Senior Manager, IT VMO at Alto will be required to wear two hats -- one is Procurement focused, the other is Finance and Accounting focused. When wearing the Procurement hat, the Senior Manager is expected to serve as Alto IT’s top negotiator -- both in securing the best terms and price for Alto when spending on technology, and enforcing contractual agreements and Service Levels. When wearing the Finance and Accounting hat, the Senior Manager is expected to understand all aspects of forecasted and actual IT spend -- since Alto IT is a primarily Cloud platform and Outsource service shop, majority of IT’s spend falls under the purview of IT VMO.
Accelerate your Career as You:
- Work with Alto leadership to ensure IT is able to achieve strategic goals in collaboration with vendors
- Work collaboratively with a cross-functional Alto teams to ensure sustainable relationships with third party vendors
- Negotiate new deals, enforce terms, and monitor Service Level Agreements with both large and small IT vendors who are critical to the success Alto’s day-to-day operations
- Engage vendors to address day-to-day user and stakeholder escalations for expedited or improved service from vendor partners
- Navigate internal people and processes to resolve vendor escalations to Alto
- Work collaboratively with Alto Accounting and Finance teams to ensure responsible and sustainable IT budget management
A Bit About You
- 7+ years of experience at a Unicorn or Public Company:
- In IT Management, Vendor Management, Procurement, Financial Planning & Analysis, or Project Management
- Working with Information Technology, Finance, Accounting, and Legal departments to negotiate contracts and budgets
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized and accredited university
- Familiarity with the roles and responsibilities of an Information Technology department within a large organization
- Experience negotiating contracts of at least $250,000
- Experience negotiating and enforcing Service Level Agreements with large technology vendors
- Extensive experience developing executive presentations to summarize purchasing proposals and related value propositions
- Ability to travel on occasion for site visits or other business related purposes
- Professional experience managing technology vendors in a HIPAA compliant environment
- An MBA from a recognized and accredited university is helpful
- Experience building procurement controls and processes
- Experience within or supporting IT at a high-growth company or established Tech Unicorn
Additional Physical Job Requirements
- Reading English, comprehending, and following complex oral and written instructions.
- Communicating with others effectively to exchange information.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Environmental Conditions: occasional exposure to low temperatures or high temperatures, outdoor elements such as precipitation and wind, and noisy environments.
- Physical Activities:
- Occasionally ascending or descending stairs, ramps and the like.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks and/or moving from one worksite to another.
- Adjusting or moving objects up to 20 pounds in all directions.
- Operating motor vehicles.
- Occasional sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.