Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
As a Product Designer at Alto Pharmacy, you’ll be responsible for crafting a set of products that underpin Alto’s ability to provide an unmatched level of pharmacy service at scale. You’ll join a team of passionate designers dedicated to building world-class patient and provider experiences, as well as tools and systems that help our pharmacists provide the best patient case possible, and we're looking for designers across all areas of the product as we continue to scale.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Collaborate closely with your product manager and engineering lead to strategize and execute on projects that improve the experience for our patients, providers and ops team
- Drive the end-to-end development process: from early research, to uncovering opportunities, to validating hypotheses through constant iteration and experimentation
- Employ your full stack of design tools (e.g. interaction, visual) to develop and advocate for experiences people love
- Design multiple directions that approach a problem from widely different angles in a quick timeline
- Deliver timely solutions that meet intended project goals and result in outcomes that positively impact key metrics
- Incorporate metrics and data analysis to identify problems and goals
A bit about you:
- 5+ years of professional experience designing user-friendly experiences for web, desktop and mobile
- Creative, curious problem solver who loves to detangle complexity
- Feel at home either working with consumer apps or complex internal tools
- Fluent in the latest product design trend, tools and technology cross platform
- You love fast-paced environments
- Experience in leading product design from opportunity development, to concept, to shipment
- Experience with user research, data analysis and the ability to translate insights to inform solutions
- The ability to tell a compelling story verbally and through visuals
- Strong prototyping experience at multiple levels of fidelity and ability to integrate prototyping skills and utilization on your team
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally
In order for your application to be considered, we require a portfolio or case studies demonstrating: shipment of multiple products successfully; application of interaction design patterns to solve complex workflows; expertise in wielding information hierarchy, layout, composition, and typography. Please supply a link to your portfolio with your application.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.