Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
As our first Content Designer, you will work across a variety of touchpoints from Text/Email/Notification communications with patients to user interfaces, conversational interfaces, and telephony to help our patients get the medications they need. You will also work to define our brand voice in our products and service communications by creating guidelines and content strategies. Your words will contribute directly to our patients’ success with their health goals, and to our brand and business goals.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Use writing and editing skills to write user interface copy, communications across the user journey for patients and providers, support communications, conversational UIs, and telephony interfaces.
- Audit and design a new communication strategy across our user journey to enable our patients and providers to better understand the status of their prescriptions and ensure a high quality of service.
- Develop and drive a vision for product language, tone of voice, and content across touchpoints, ensuring cohesive narratives. Document your strategies with guidelines, and establish best practices and strategy principles.
- Bring a user-centered UX writing and content strategy perspective throughout the product development process, improving the overall experience and ensuring consistency
- Work with cross-functional partners to drive consensus across teams and advocate for solutions that balance user needs with business goals
- Manage projects from initial needs assessment to implementation, collaborating closely with designers, researchers, clinicians, product partners, and marketing peers to create our products and materials, and connect with our users.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 5+ years of ux writing, content strategy, or content design experience
- Have worked on both UX writing and complex conversational communication systems for transactional, support, and voice UIs
- Have ability to think both about the content strategy and write content that turns complex ideas into simple to understand narratives for consumers
- Have experience writing for a diversity of ages, genders, orientations, education levels, technical abilities, and financial situations
- Have a strong track record of writing nuanced, empathetic content and guidelines for handling sensitive situations
- Are experienced in writing content principles and style guides
- Have excellent problem-solving, project management, and communication skills
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Have experience strategizing and executing with product, engineering, operations, design, marketing and user research teams
- Showcase a solid understanding of user experience design principles and interaction patterns
- Love to jump into design tools such as Figma, Indesign, or Sketch to directly edit copy when needed
- Preferred: Experience working on complex regulated products such as healthcare, finance, legal or utilities.
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
To apply, we require a strong portfolio or work samples that showcases your breadth and depth of experience. You may show us content you've created for user interfaces, microcopy, user education, direct or transactional emails, style guides or product launch content; as well as the content strategy that was used to create them. Please supply a link to your portfolio with your application.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.