We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 700 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
About the Team
Alto’s Supply Chain Business Operations team seeks to optimize Alto’s margins across all segments of the business. This role relies on a combination of pharmacy optimization skills, data analysis and relationship building to maximize Alto’s gross margins. The team audits dispensed transactions on a weekly basis, gathering insights from low-margin and negative-margin fills to generate new profit-maximizing initiatives that can make Alto’s business more sustainable. The team also leverages its relationships across the enterprise to understand margin opportunities across the enterprise, to create technology and process solutions to solve these issues and to see these solutions through to execution. Finally, the team partners with Finance and with members of Executive Leadership to track performance and set goals for future initiatives.
Accelerate your Career as You:
- Directly manage the weekly margin audit process. The audit process helps to identify new opportunities and also to measures outcomes as projects shift into the execution phase
- Partner with Therapeutic Area-specific teams to understand margin ideas and initiatives from each team. Engage to support or drive benefits for these initiatives.
- Work with the Data Analytics team to accurately size and prioritize initiatives.
- Interface with senior management of the company (President, CFO, VPs Supply Chain and Reimbursement, VPGMs) to monitor margin enhancement success/learnings and to set goals for margin opportunities.
- Partner with the Finance team to ensure that sized initiatives get added into the margin roadmap to support the forecasting process. Also partner with Finance to measure and trace outcomes to the P&L
- Partner across the enterprise (Care, Procurement, Fulfillment, Therapeutic Area teams, Product, Finance, etc.) to change business processes and operations to capture margin upside opportunities.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to properly scope and spec pharmacy system fixes to achieve margin opportunities. Manage this relationship further to ensure that Product fixes remain on time and on scope to support margin initiatives
A Bit About You:
- 3-5 years of pharmacy, payer/PBM or pharmaceutical business experience. Strong understanding of pharmacy operations, fulfillment, billing, procurement and financial processes as they relate to overall business profitability.
- 3-5 years of experience with data and analytics ownership, including experience generating data visualizations using tools such as Looker, Mode or Tableau.
- Proven ability to build medium- and long-term project plans, then project manage against and execute on these plans (3 to 5 years experience).
- Proven ability to plan for, manage against, and deliver on gross margin and/or profitability projects.
- 2+ years of experience in financial analysis, auditing and/or FP&A background
- Deep understanding of pharmacy reimbursement methods and strategies to optimize profitability in a pharmacy setting
- Clinical background/expertise a plus (Pharmacy Technician or PharmD)
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.