Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
As a Fulfillment Coordinator at Alto, there are a variety of jobs you will be trained in and asked to do. These include but are not limited to processing and packing orders, restocking packing materials, sorting packages, and supporting the Dispatchers in their daily activities, including directly supporting and interfacing with couriers while they are making deliveries. You will work closely with our Fulfillment Operations Team, which includes the dozens of couriers who deliver to our patients seven days a week, and you will interact with Altoids from other parts of the company as well. You need to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be able to be on your feet and moving throughout the day.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Process prescription orders and package them for delivery- this is very hands-on and requires meticulous attention to detail considering the nature of the package contents.
- Maintain full inventory and backstock inventory of all packaging and shipping supplies and materials (boxes, package inserts, cold chain supply items, etc.).
- Maintain a tidy, organized and safe work environment. Our work is in the pharmacy and we need to maintain a very high level of cleanliness.
- Directly support couriers on the road during delivery windows (12-3pm, 6-10pm, and 2-6pm), helping troubleshoot situations and escalating when necessary.
- Support the Dispatchers in their daily activities - pulling routes for couriers, processing returned packages, and ensuring the courier team gets out on time every day.
- Support daily office and pharmacy operations- you may work with our Inventory Manager to ensure we are always stocked on packing materials, our Office Manager on incoming deliveries and mail that needs to be sorted, or a Fulfillment Operations Manager on other small process improvement projects.
A bit about you:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-3 years experience working in a warehouse or in another fulfillment operations role in a pharmacy setting
- Are able to multitask while maintaining accuracy
- Are tech-savvy and quick to learn on computers and new software systems
- Proficient in English
- Generally, orders are small and easy to handle, but occasionally there are bigger orders that require lifting and moving
- Ability to work mornings, evenings and weekends.
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Exposed to a normal office environment.
- Lift, carry, reach, and /or push/pull various items (bags, boxes, carts, etc.) while using proper technique up to 35 lbs.
- Standing and walking a majority of work days (8-10 hours), bending frequently, sitting occasionally depending on the needs of the pharmacy operation.
- Operate all equipment necessary to do the job.
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away including differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
- Required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Use one or two hands and/ or fingers to grasp, move, or assemble objects.
- Repeat the same movements.
- Travel: Yes. Required up to 10% of the time
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.