We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 700 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
About the Role
Alto Pharmacy is hiring for part-time delivery drivers. Our drivers are an important part of getting prescriptions to our patients. For this role, we will give you an option to bid on 3 different set schedules based on your availability. You should expect to work between 24-29 hours per week on average.
You will begin your day by making your way to our Pharmacy location in Culver City to pick up the packages before you begin your route. We have 3 hour shifts 7 days a week for you to make deliveries.
Available Delivery Shifts Between The Hours of
- Monday - Friday:
- 12:15 PM - 3:30 PM & 5:45 PM - 9:00 PM
- Saturday - Sunday:
- 1:45 PM - 5:00 PM
- Arrive at our pharmacy on time for your shift to pick up packages before you begin your route
- Make efficient and timely deliveries to various locations
- Deliver prescriptions to patients while ensuring a great customer experience
- Drive your vehicle in accordance with traffic regulations and observe traffic lights, other vehicles and pedestrians on the street to avoid accidents. Must comply with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Submit your availability weekly and utilize internal scheduling tools to monitor your work hours
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You are authorized to work in the United States
- You have a valid Driver’s License and have a good driving record
- You have access to a reliable vehicle to make your deliveries
- You have General Liability Insurance & Valid Motor Vehicle Registration
- You have a track record of good attendance, positive attitude, and flexibility
- You are flexible to drive within any of our delivery zones
- You are conversational in English and have a passion for customer service
- You have a sense of urgency
Additional Physical Requirements
- Reading English, comprehending, and following simple oral and written instructions.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Environmental Conditions: occasional exposure to low temperatures or high temperatures, outdoor elements such as precipitation and wind, and noisy environments.
- Physical Activities:
- Occasionally ascending or descending stairs, ramps and the like.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks and/or moving from one worksite to another.
- Adjusting or moving objects up to 20 pounds in all directions.
- Operating motor vehicles.
- Occasional sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.