We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 700 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
About the Team
Our Care Team is looking for an experienced and licensed Pharmacy Technician to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to manage a variety of pharmacy operations tasks. The ideal candidate is passionate about changing the traditional pharmacy model for the better. You'll work with a group who is excited and dedicated to significantly improve the pharmacy patient experience and will have the opportunity to contribute well beyond the normal duties of a pharmacy technician.
Employment is conditional upon having an active or provisional PTCB certification.
Accelerate your Career as You:
- Prepare and submit third-party insurance claims
- Troubleshoot prescription issues by calling insurance companies, doctors offices, and patients
- Work closely with doctors offices to manage refill requests, prior authorizations, and coverage determinations
- Provide prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable customer service
- Troubleshoot complex cases with outpatients
- Respond to patient messages and incoming calls
- Handle escalated patient situations via phone, text, email, or chat
- Manage pharmacy inventory needs and restock orders
A Bit About You:
- Currently have a pharmacy technician license within the State of Texas
- PTCB certified
- 2+ years experience working in a high volume pharmacy
- Exceptional knowledge of commercial and government insurance and how to troubleshoot claims
- Friendly disposition and outstanding customer service skills
- Ability and eagerness to learn and operate a new pharmacy management system and other relevant equipment
- Ability to interpret, transcribe, and troubleshoot prescription information
- Ability to perform common math calculations
- High school diploma / GED
- A License free of any disciplinary actions
- Have experience with specialty claims adjudication
- Have experience submitting and managing Prior Authorizations and TAR's
- Work autonomously and have the capacity to work effectively in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Are reliable and can adapt to process changes quickly
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.