We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 700 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
About the Team
Our Fertility Care Team is looking for a Pharmacy Technician to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to manage a variety of pharmacy technician tasks. In this role you will be the voice of Alto to our customers. Here at Alto, we use advanced technology and human empathy to improve a broken pharmacy industry into the modern era, and to make high-quality healthcare accessible to all. In the Fertility Pharmacy Technician role, you will have the opportunity to be a patient advocate and deliver exceptional patient care.
As an Alto Fertility Pharmacy Technician II, you are passionate about providing outstanding customer service and have the desire to shape the future of pharmacy. You enjoy problem-solving and truly value the impact your work makes on our patients. You always put the patient first. You are scrappy and resourceful, and view mistakes as an opportunity to go above and beyond to wow customers.
Employment as a Fertility Pharmacy Technician II is conditional upon having an active or provisional PTCB certification. Availability for nights and weekend shifts is required.
Accelerate your Career as You:
- Prepare and submit third-party insurance claims
- Troubleshoot prescription issues by calling insurance companies, doctors offices, and patients
Work closely with doctors offices to manage refill requests, prior authorizations, and coverage determinations
- Provide prompt, courteous and knowledgeable customer service
- Troubleshoot complex cases with our patients
- Respond to patient messages and incoming calls
- Handles escalated patient situations via phone, text, email, or chat
- Balance multiple roles throughout the course of your shift as volume fluctuations occur
A Bit About You:
- Currently have a pharmacy technician license within the State of Texas
- PTCB certified
- 2+ years experience working in a high volume pharmacy
- Have experience submitting and managing Prior Authorizations and TAR's
- Exceptional knowledge of commercial and government insurance and how to troubleshoot claims
- Friendly disposition and outstanding customer service skills
- Ability and eagerness to learn and operate a new pharmacy management system and other relevant equipment
- Ability to interpret, transcribe, and troubleshoot prescription information
- Ability to perform common math calculations
- High school diploma / GED
- A License free of any disciplinary actions
- Must have availability to work nights, weekends
- Have experience with specialty claims adjudication
- Work autonomously and have the capacity to work effectively in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Are reliable and can adapt to process changes quickly
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.