We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 700 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
Alto seeks a dynamic and energetic Vice President, Fulfillment to drive industry leading effectiveness and efficiency across all functions of the organization. The VP will be critical to the development and successful deployment of the Alto Business System (ABS), which will enable the business to effectively scale from $200M to $20B in annual revenue. This transformation will enable Alto to maintain and enhance the patient & provider experience during a period of explosive growth.
At Alto, culture is one of the key differentiators enabling the firm to disrupt the entrenched competition. The successful candidate will fit into and strengthen the culture while balancing the requirement to aggressively drive change across people, process and technology. The VP will be single minded in their push to increase company productivity and effectiveness, improve process efficiency, and deliver against immediate and critical long-term milestones.
This position is responsible for day-to-day operations that comply with all regulatory and compliance standards, meets business demands and financial objectives, aligned with Alto’s cultural values and mission, and delivers on a superior consumer experience. This position will provide strategic and tactical direction and leadership for pharmacy and warehouse operations, accountable for execution of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and compliance/regulatory requirements as defined by internal standards and external organizations, apply accountability standards based on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), implement change to continuously improve performance and increase workflow efficiencies, and accountable for delivering on performance and financial objectives. This position will provide coaching, mentoring and support in the development of staff and recognize individual and team success that result in a high-level of team engagement and commitment.
The successful candidate shall have strong skills and experience across six core competencies:
- Oversee the long-term strategic direction and day-to-day execution of multiple fulfillment centers and their leaders, and develop and implement best practices globally
- Develop and implement supply chain management best practices in areas such as systems integration and optimization, inventory control, and demand planning
- Develop a 3-5 year capacity plan that supports the company’s growth, ensuring the needed warehousing, labor capacity, material handling and ability to scale
- Create a roadmap of processes, capital improvements, and technology projects with supporting ROI that enable and scales the strategy
- Develop an annual budget, operating plan and capital plan
- Lead ongoing process and data automation, working closely with the finance and engineering teams
- Ensure ongoing delivery of our service level to customers and budget and key fulfillment metrics
- Provides direction for the fulfillment team by developing short-term and long-term operational goals, budgets and business plans.
- Develop long-term strategies and plans for capital equipment identification, procurement and implementation.
- Ensure all regulatory and compliance requirements are adhered to through regular process review, inspection, and audits.
- Implement innovative solutions to address business needs. Manage the activities of people and systems involved in maintaining vendor agreements and in day to day processing of pharmaceutical returns and controls.
- Develop & implement operational controls to ensure that KPI/OKR results are effectively monitored, analyzed, and used to identify fulfillment center process improvement opportunities.
- Ensures operational procedures are in place for executing activities related to processing of pharmaceuticals, shipping and receiving, and keeping the highest standards of processing accuracy and efficiency.
- Serve as a member of the Pharma Logistics Leadership team that sets the goals and strategic direction of the company.
- Develops and manages a comprehensive strategy for the facility by shaping requirements, assessing deliverables and utilizing resources to help eliminate process problems.
- Plans long-term labor needs based on sales, forecasts and historical data.
- Responsible for facility P&L and budget preparation. Ensures operational profitability by ensuring the fulfillment center budget is managed in a fiscally sound manner and resources are being utilized efficiently.
- Drives continuous improvements to safety, quality, cost and delivery while growing and expanding capabilities within the fulfillment center.
- Works with Human Resources to resolve employee relation issues, discipline actions, problem resolution and terminations.
- Responsible for ensuring program and corporate compliance with policies and procedures, including external regulatory bodies such as EPA, DEA, OSHA, VAWD, etc.
- Reviews data to analyze, monitor and report statistical information for timely management decisions as required for federal, state and local agencies.
- Review all operational contracts and assures vendors adhere to program guidelines.
- Ensure that physical maintenance and safety standards of the facility are met.
- Prior Pharmacy experience a plus
- 10+ years of related professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience at a senior management level.
- Complete knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain processes for a direct to consumer business
- Prior Pharmacy experience a plus
- Experience with and ability to make recommendations with Transportation Systems and Warehouse Management Systems
- Quantitative decision-making, while balancing qualitative service to customers
- Service oriented approach and mindset
- Work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, rapid growth environment
- Proven track record for innovation, execution and delivering results to a performance-driven culture
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, excellent attention to detail, and strong analytical skills
- BSc/BA in Supply Chain Management or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
- Experience with the lean process or an equivalent is a plus
- APICS & Six Sigma certifications is a plus
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.