Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
To achieve our vision, we continue to invest in our Data Science & Analytics team to make a difference to our patients and providers. The Analytics team supports our Product, Growth, Marketing, Care, Supply Chain, and Operations teams with insights on better product development and execution to have maximum impact. Product Analysts are responsible for using detailed analyses to guide product strategy and for enabling teams across Alto to answer key business questions. You will work closely with our Product and Operations teams to support and drive high-quality, data-driven decisions.
Accelerate your Career as You:
- Perform in-depth analysis on our pharmacy, patient-facing, and provider-facing products to drive key product decisions
- Build data models to predict demand needs across therapeutic areas
- Design the algorithm for our in-house ordering processes, focusing on reducing patient costs and improving margin
- Optimize the supply chain for increasing in stock levels and reducing obsolescence
- Design & build data models that elevate data driven decisioning through speed to insights & data democratization
- Provide clean, transformed data ready for analysis
- Apply software engineering best practices to analytics code
- Maintain data documentation & definitions
- Uplevel the data team by providing guidance & setting best practices for data modeling & DWH architecture design
- Support product roadmap by identifying opportunities and quantifying impact of product launches through A/B experimentation and measurement
- Design, implement, and launch dashboards using SQL to measure the success of our product initiatives
- Act as a critical thought partner and collaborate closely with Product, Research, Engineering, Growth, and Operations to provide visibility and recommend solutions to drive meaningful impact to our patients and providers
- Work with the product team to identify continuous improvement opportunities in procurement, inventory management and fulfillment to drive margins up.
- Measure impact of the initiatives launched using various measurement techniques to drive further improvements
- Ensure data accuracy and reporting consistency by identifying and implementing data analysis best practices
- Develop data pipelines which help streamline process and increase automation
- Provide business visibility through reporting/dashboarding in Looker using SQL queries and dbt modeling.
- Perform growth and expansion analysis, and plan for new facilities through demand forecasting and inventory planning.
- Contribute to defining our team and company data culture through peer collaboration, coaching, and input into the team processes we adopt as we grow the Analytics team together
A Bit About You:
- Embody Alto’s mission and values - Patients Come First, Leave No Patient Behind, Start With Empathy, Focus On Impact, Think Rigorously, Be Humble
- Expert fluency in SQL-based data manipulation. Experience in scripting with SQL, extracting large sets of data, and design of ETL flows
- BA/BS or Master's degree in a quantitative field such as; Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Science
- At least 3 years of experience in supply chain/logistics domain experience and optimizing networks to customers
- At least 4 years of work experience in an analytics or technical role, using SQL regularly to analyze data and provide insights with a specific focus on operational and supply chain data
- Closely partner with business, product, engineering, research and design to influence and inform teammates’ decisions throughout the product lifecycle
- High level of comfort creating dashboards in Looker/Tableau or comparable software
- Passionate about solving real user problems with data-driven solutions
- Thrive in a dynamic fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. You're unafraid to dive into an unfamiliar problem but humble enough to make mistakes and iterate
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.