We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 700 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
About the Team
We are looking for a Sr. Full Stack Engineer to join as a key contributor to our core patient services team. The patient services team ensures we provide patients with the best-possible experience, by delivering on all the promises we make to them in the process of fulfilling and billing their prescriptions. You will join a high impact team focusing on scaling, automating and improving core aspects of our value stream. We work closely with Product and Design to refine and build the next generation of key workflows of internal applications that improve the health outcomes of our patients.
Accelerate your Career as You:
- Play a critical role in designing and building core parts of our Patient Care applications, such as verifying, billing, and scheduling patient prescriptions
- Have the unique opportunity to contribute and drive an engineering culture that focuses on quality, user experience and impact
- Focus on scaling and automating our existing services and delivering high impact features for our Pharmacy Operations team
A Bit About You:
- Have 5+ years of experience writing production code
- Have architected complex systems for long-term maintainability, performance, and scalability
- Are proficient in one or more backend programming languages. (At Alto, we mainly use Ruby on Rails and Go on the backend with ReactJS on the frontend, but experience with these specific languages is not required.)
- Strong engineering fundamentals but derives satisfaction from mentorship and elevating team members
- Passionate about Alto’s mission and our company values
- Experience with designing and implementing service oriented architectures
- Experience leading a team of at least 3 other engineers
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.