We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 700 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
About the Team
The Alto frontend teams build the interfaces that enable seamless management and fulfillment of medications for patients, doctors, and our operations team. You’ll work closely with product and design to translate complex business workflows into delightful product experiences that improve health outcomes for our patients.
Accelerate your Career as You Work On:
- A new mobile version of AltoMD, our provider platform that helps doctors and nurses stay up to date on the status of prescribed medications, respond to requests for clarifications, and provide guidance on prior authorizations for insurance.
- Wunderbar, our internal platform that operationalizes complex pharmacy workflows like prescription intake, billing, safety and quality checks, patient communications, delivery logistics, and fulfillment.
- Native and web applications that allow patients to schedule their prescriptions for delivery, request refills, and learn about their medications.
A Bit About You:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in a production environment
- Experience or interest in building high quality client applications using modern tools like ES6, React (and React Native), Redux, Flow and Typescript
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving that’s biased towards business impact
- A desire to take ownership over your work and learn a complex domain
- A high bar for code quality and honors the ‘leave it better than you found it’ attitude
- An interest in collaborating with diverse stakeholders across our product, design, and operations teams
- Passion for Alto’s mission and our company values
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.