We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 800 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
About the Role
The Senior Operations Manager, Driver Performance and Engagement position will report into our Head of Delivery Operations and be a key member of the Fulfillment and Last Mile Delivery Team. This role will be responsible for driving high-visibility strategic initiatives and developing tools and processes to manage driver performance and employee satisfaction.
Accelerate your Career as You:
- Own driver performance management and adherence to SLAs
- Manage a team of 150+ delivery team members and own responsibility for engagement and eNPS
- Own strategic initiatives that enable Alto to reach our growth, profitability, and best-in-class customer service goals
- Drive quantitative and qualitative analyses to inform actionable insights and recommendations such as labor planning by market for every day/shift
- Translate recommendations to results by executing action plans and managing projects
A Bit About You:
- 3+ years of people management experience
- 6-8+ years of work experience in logistics (last mile-delivery), investment banking / consulting / business intelligence or any related experience
- Data-driven: An expert using SQL and Excel regularly to analyze data and provide insights, and have a mathematics or statistics background (preferred, not required)
- Ability to Execute: Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously while focused on execution and results
- Operational Excellence: Familiarity with improvement methodologies (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, PDSA, Process Entitlement, etc), and ability to instill what you’ve learned into improvements that can drive our business
- Comfort with Ambiguity. Ability to lead others from ambiguity to clarity
- Excellent Communication Skills. Pithy and able to clearly socialize ideas to employees at all levels
- Passion: Deeply passionate about solving real user problems with data-driven solutions
- Experience in healthcare
- Experience in a hyper-growth environment
You'll love this role if you:
- Want to be a part of a fast-paced and ever-changing start-up
- Enjoy playing a key role at the company level and want to be part of Alto’s success
- Want a passionate, humble, and exciting culture
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.