We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
As Director of Patient Care Pharmacy, you’ll be a key leader for our Care Operations team. In this role, we’re looking for an individual who has extensive experience with complex practices and issues related directly to Pharmacy. The ideal candidate should have a strong set of management principles, a history of successful project management, and a deep understanding of implementing training best practices to scale.
You will be the leader responsible for our Patient Care Pharmacy operations team that operates in 3 locations [San Francisco, Denver and Dallas]. You'll be responsible to drive culture, measure success through data, and ensure our patients have excellent experiences. You will develop, manage, and drive appropriate Pharmacy operations KPIs to measure the performance of the team and individuals. You will provide strategic direction and guidance to ensure employees are meeting and exceeding our patients’ needs through effective communication, problem solving, professionalism, and efficient processes while consistently hitting performance goals. This role will identify areas requiring process improvements that will allow us to scale effectively and efficiently and work with other stakeholder teams of process improvement, product and engineering to implement appropriate changes.
Our mission at Alto is to be the world’s most patient-centric pharmacy, where patients receive the care they deserve. We are building the best pharmacy for everybody, everywhere. You are passionate about our mission and have the desire to shape the future of pharmacy. You thrive in ambiguity and see this as an opportunity to forge the best path. You are a problem solver, identify patterns and issues, and implement solutions. You are an inspiring and organized leader that truly values the impact Alto’s work makes on our patients. You always put the patient first. You are scrappy and resourceful, and view mistakes as an opportunity to go above and beyond.
The Director of Pharmacy at Alto will:
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills
○ Own hiring and scheduling. Work closely with workforce management on forward staffing projections
○ accurately collect and analyze data to identify issues, offer recommendations along with consequences and work to mitigate risks
- Facilitate collaboration and understanding internally at Care operations sites and Fulfillment Centers, and amongst stakeholders across teams
- Train and mentor team, as well as constructive evaluation
- Oversee initiatives that are national in scope
- Facilitate and guide teams to a resolution around issues that are complex and may have considerable impact to the business
- Act as a subject matter expert - explain complex processes related to areas of responsibility, including:
○ Pharmacy Compliance in Patient care processes
○ Process standardization across sites
○ Quality systems implementation
○ Data check improvements (to scale - possible remote or telepharmacy model)
A Bit About You:
- You are a RPh with 10+ years of progressive experience working in an leadership role in pharmacy operations environment and at least 7+ years in leadership role supporting operational functions in contact centers
- Are an experienced leader of leaders. You have managed multiple people leaders who are leaders of teams.
- Have scaled teams and built sustainable tools and repeatable processes
- Demonstrated experience building culture and inspiring a workforce an operations site
- Have managed teams who operate in complex workflows.
- Strong relationship management experience building relationships quickly with internal ops stakeholders, product and engineering teams, GM’s and key clinic partners reps.
- Are analytics and metrics focused and have a track record for driving KPI improvements.
- Love to partner with multiple teams to translate new business development needs into operational plans
- Communicate well with various stakeholders and can build project proposals and business cases
- Deliver meaningful results while operating in a fast paced environment
- Are able to train, motivate, and coach teams to maintain high patient care standards and build team morale
- Are highly productive and value autonomy
- Multi-task well and can effectively prioritize multiple engagements simultaneously
- Believe in Alto’s mission and our company values of always putting the patient first, having a mindset of humility, and acting with a sense of urgency.
- Have pharmacy background performing call center and operations support
- Have a deeper understanding of the pharmacy ecosystem
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.