Alto is a digital pharmacy that provides customers with access to medication by scheduling delivery to their home or office the same day, seven days a week. Mattieu Gamache-Asselin and Jamie Karraker co-founded Alto (formerly ScriptDash) in 2015 with the mission to improve people’s lives by bridging the gap between doctors, insurance companies, and patients. They brought together expertise across technology and healthcare to successfully build and grow the platform, providing an extraordinary caring pharmacy experience for patients.
Alto now has over 700 employees across multiple locations servicing the San Francisco Bay area, Los Angeles and Orange County, San Diego, Sacramento, the Denver-Boulder Metro area, Las Vegas, and Seattle.
Alto has raised over $350MM from investors including Softbank, Greenoaks Capital, Jackson Square Ventures, and Justin Kan and is well positioned for rapid growth over the next few years, with a clear path to becoming a multibillion-dollar enterprise.
Alto seeks a dynamic and energetic Director, Performance Management to support the achievement of industry leading effectiveness and efficiency across the rapidly growing care operations organization. At Alto, culture is one of the key differentiators enabling the firm to disrupt the entrenched competition. The successful candidate will fit into and strengthen the culture while balancing the requirement to aggressively drive change across people, process, and technology. This role is based in Denver or Dallas.
The Director will own the creation and continued development of all operational metrics and scorecards used throughout the Care Ops organization. They will have strong experience developing dashboards, calculating service levels and deploying techniques to disseminate data throughout the organization on a real time basis. The Director will be single minded in their execution of initiatives to increase company productivity and effectiveness, improve process efficiency, and deliver against immediate and critical long-term milestones. The Director will also lead and direct critical functions including workforce planning within care operations. They will owns the strategic planning for capacity and growth for all FTE in Care operations, including all workforce management functions related to staffing and scheduling to ensure our KPIs are met
The responsibilities of the role will include:
- The Director, Performance Management will optimize performance of the care operations organization and is responsible for the core data and operational performance for all functions in the Care operations team [Directors, Senior managers, leads, and front line associates]
- Manage, improve, and strategically build scalable operations by setting up and monitoring system performance. Identifying and resolving problems, preparing and completing action plans, completing system audits and analysis as well as managing system, process improvement, and quality assurance programs.
- Lead and direct critical functions including workforce planning within care operations. Enhance employee engagement, service, knowledge, skills, and morale.
- Develop & maintain process maps, value stream maps, and written departmental procedures & guidelines.
- Report on obstacles contributing to patient complaints, and attrition. Craft remedies that aggressively mitigate these issues. Actively escalate and manage most pressing problems.
- Enhance employee engagement, service, knowledge, skills, and morale. world-class care team, ensuring an efficient and consistent set of processes and procedures, and an industry leading patient experience.
- Develop strategies to ensure the patient experience is consistent with overall company strategy and values, and drive initiatives that maintain this alignment.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders in the organization to lead or execute process improvement efforts, best practices, strategic initiatives while building and maintaining key relationships in fulfillment, finance, marketing, operations and other key areas.
- Maintain the security, confidentiality, and integrity of patient information as processed, stored, or transmitted within care operations.
- Strict adherence to the Company’s corporate policies and all regulatory requirements.
A bit about you:
The successful candidate will have the following experiences and capabilities:
- A minimum of 7 to 10+ years’ experience in customer service and care operations. Direct business process improvement experience in a customer-centric, tech-enabled, call center environment.
- Ability to manage and prioritize data that determines operational performance for multiple complex workflows/ work streams while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to balance short-term, urgent needs with long-term strategic initiatives.
- Strong skills in problem solving and issue resolution.
- Effective analytical and critical thinking skills, including business and financial analysis.
- Prior experience working with private equity or in fast-paced mid-sized companies is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Personal Profile & Cultural Fit
The successful candidate will be able to lead in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment. Key qualities must include:
- Industrious and action oriented
- Data driven, quantitative and analytical
- High personal integrity
- High commitment to results
- High energy
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational communicator
- Quick and fact-based decision maker
- Collaborative partnership builder and team oriented
- Systems and process thinker
- Strong resiliency
- Undergraduate degree required. Preference, Math, Finance, Statistics, Operations disciplines
- Advanced degree or MBA preferred.
- Lead teams related to workforce management and capacity planning
- Certification in process improvement (e.g. Lean Expert and Black Belt)
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.