We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
Do you want to steer the future of pharmacy and contribute to shaping the healthcare industry? As the Pharmacist in Charge at Alto, you'll get to work cross-functionally across operations, engineering, and design teams to build a better, more intuitive pharmacy from the ground up. You'll also be responsible for ensuring the Production Pharmacy team provides the highest level of care to patients locally from our Los Angeles pharmacy.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn't cut it - you've got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you're known for your good nature. You'll fit right in at Alto and on the Fulfillment Team where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry.
What You’ll Do:
- Mentor and work with a team of Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians, and Fulfillment Coordinators to optimize quality and Patient experience
- Provide comprehensive and accurate clinical utilization review and dispensing services at the Los Angeles pharmacy.
- Ensure proper ordering, handling, receiving, documentation, and storage of all medications.
- Supervise the security and integrity of the facility.
- Ensure that the pharmacy is in compliance with the following:
- Local, state, and federal rules and regulations regarding the practice of pharmacy
- Policies and procedures as set forth by Alto
- Third party payor contract rules and regulations held by Alto
You are an ideal candidate if you are:
- Willing and able to lead the pharmacy and the pharmacy staff.
- Passionate about operating in a high pace fulfillment operation that focuses on process improvement.
- Excited about the opportunity to blend together operations, lean, compliance, and know the ins and outs of the pharmacy.
- Adaptable and willing to be a part of a fast growing start-up pharmacy.
- Licensed and in good standing with the California State Board of Pharmacy.
- 4+ years of PIC experience.
- Resourceful and finds solutions to problems.
- A leader who champions camaraderie and always puts team before self.
- Leverages data analysis to make informed decisions.
- Believes in continuous improvement.
- Has creative ideas on what needs to change in the industry.
- Passionate about improving the patient experience.
- Can make quick and thoughtful decisions.
- Proven experience putting patients first- every time we have to make a choice, we will always choose the well-being of our patients.
- Choose the work that makes the biggest impact toward our goals. Prioritize impact over activity.
Embody Alto's values: put patients first, empathy, humility, think rigorously, make an impact and never leave a patient behind.
- Ability to lift twenty (20) pounds. Moving, lifting or carrying boxes.
- Ability to stand, bend for extended periods
- Fine Motor Skills
- Visual acuity
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.