We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
The Operations Manager, Continuous Improvement is responsible to improve fulfillment and production processes using lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques within the Alto Fulfillment network. This role collaborates with the local teams and Sr. Leaders to develop and implement better tools, machines, methods, and processes. The role requires engineering, continuous improvement, and team facilitation experience. Success in this high visibility position would produce measurable improvements to tact time, material flow, lower costs, and overall site metrics.
- Lead Lean implementation activities on the Pharmacy floor such as Production flow, Value Stream Mapping, Takt time analysis, Problem-Solving, Standardized work, Set-up reduction, Visual Workplace, Error-Proofing, 5S, TPM, Visual Factory, and Kaizen.
- Facilitate kaizen events and working sessions focused on operational improvements. Drive the outputs of these efforts to completion, in order to see the full benefit to the site’s performance.
- Project management skills, teamwork and excellent communication skills.
- Provide training for fulfillment teams and cultural change within the organization.
- Make recommendations to Sr. Leaders in sustaining gains achieved in Lean efforts.
- Mentor Alto Pharmacy staff in lean principles and drive adoption of standard work systems into the daily work and habits of the Pharmacy.
- Support network level excellence in six sigma and lean practices through designing and implementing systems, metrics, and programs that drive adoption and continuous improvement.
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree is REQUIRED
- 6-8+ years in a manufacturing, continuous improvement, production or fulfillment environment
- Training in Lean methodologies, 5s, VSM, Kaizen and other continuous improvement methodologies
- Hands on experience in lean manufacturing implementations, including analysis, design and implementation
- Must be detail oriented and can take initiative (Self-starter) while maintaining operational excellence.
- Must be motivated to drive and make positive changes while instilling cultural change through the lean process.
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Cross-functional project management experience
- Travel ranges from 75-90%
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field as well as a MBA is a plus
- Certifications in Six Sigma and Lean are a plus
- Prior experience as a Lean or Six Sigma mentor
- Proven ability to influence others without having positional authority
- Strong project management and organizational skills, experience working on complex initiatives with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills, ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.