We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
The Senior Manager, Strategic Finance will directly support the Director of Strategic Finance in scaling Alto from 6 markets today to over 50 markets in 24 months. You will be responsible for all financial analysis, planning, budgeting, P&L management for new markets. You will work closely with our Go-To-Market (GTM) team to assess new Therapeutic Areas (TA), including identifying and modeling out the market opportunity, competitive and stakeholder landscape, and ultimately helping defining the GTM playbook. You will act as an agent for change by working closely with the TA leader of each new market, providing visibility and accountability around growth, market performance, sales and marketing ROI and monthly burn vs. plan. You will be responsible for building out a regional strategic finance team.
- Develop comprehensive, timely, and accurate financial reporting for new markets including a bottoms up financial plan and operational goals
- Leverage financial insights and business acumen to drive effective decision making related to new market prioritization, market launch execution, and new market growth execution
- Sophisticated financial modeling - build models from scratch, improve existing models, and incorporate into corporate financial reporting consolidations
- Work closely with accounting to provide input on management reporting needs, better understand our actuals vs. plan, and ensure financial controllership for physical facilities and operations including fulfillment, delivery, inventory, local sales and marketing, and local tax compliance
- Develop analytical frameworks and define new processes to support Alto’s growth in new markets
- Develop high profile communications and presentations targeted to Alto’s leadership team
- Drive Alto’s maturity from startup to enterprise
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or pioneer new processes to keep local teams as efficient as possible
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- 8+ years of experience in a combination of strategic finance/FP&A, controllership and business operations roles
- Experience supporting ecommerce, delivery models, B2B sales, and/or consumer retail - healthcare experience a plus, but not required
- Experience in a startup or other fast-changing environment and in consumer markets
- Strong people management experience, high EQ, and proven ability to deliver outstanding results through others in a timely manner using a strong sense of focus, organization, and meticulous attention to detail
- Experience building and managing a distributed team
- Have strong business judgment and analytical skills, and can use data to prioritize, drive strategic discussion, and ultimately deliver real outcomes. Ability to communicate and listen effectively with great written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Are extremely resourceful and entrepreneurial. Enjoy doing whatever it takes to break through unexpected barriers and obstacles, and balance detail-orientation with the ability to move fast.
- B.A/B.S, MBA is a plus.
- Have a passion for Alto’s mission and values!
You’ll love this role if you:
- Want to be a part of a fast-paced and ever changing start up
- Enjoy playing a key role at the company level and want to be apart of Alto’s success.
- Want a passionate, humble, and exciting culture
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.