We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
About the Team
Alto is building the world's most patient-centric, tech enabled pharmacy, and we are seeking a strategic, operational minded individual to be a key leader in our quickly growing Accounting team. You will lead accounting operations including financial reporting, GL, AP, stock administration, tax and treasury. To support Alto’s growth, you will lead the implementation of systems, improve processes and expand existing policies. As a result, you will gain exposure to senior-level decision making and develop lasting relationships across the company. Based in our San Francisco, CA or Denver, Co office, this position reports to the Controller and will have 3 direct reports in addition to an offshore team.
The ideal candidate needs to be a dynamic self-starter with a passion for continuous process improvement in a fast paced, high growth environment, and the ability to clearly communicate recommendations and lead their team to deliver results.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the accounting team to produce timely and accurate financial information for internal and external reporting purposes, including GL accounting functions, accounts payable, stock administration, tax, treasury and financial reporting and consolidations
- Manage month-end close process including financial statement analysis and flux commentaries
- Lead the general ledger activities, including the review of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Prepare various technical accounting analyses, policies, and procedures
- Oversee audit processes and proactively communicate with auditors on accounting for complex transactions
- Strengthen internal controls to mitigate financial risk and ensure accuracy of company records
- Lead corporate tax compliance to ensure the accurate and timely completion of all government reporting and tax filings across all geographical areas in which the company operates
- Lead and manage a team of direct reports, driving performance by setting goals and development plans and fostering an environment to achieve those goals, through ongoing feedback and conducting performance reviews
- Support Controller with special projects and ERP implementation
A bit about you:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; CPA preferred
- At least 8 years of progressive accounting experience with a minimum 3+ years in a management capacity
- Big four or national accounting firm experience is required
- Accounting experience to include working at a mid-sized or large, public and high volume, consumer/retail experience (preferred)
- In depth knowledge of U.S. GAAP, including familiarity with accounting positions and related guidance provided by SEC, in areas like lease accounting (ASC842), Capitalization of Internally Developed Software, Equity
- Strong analytical skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Passionate about building and comfortable working in a fast-paced changing environment
- Strong people management experience, high EQ, and proven ability to deliver outstanding results through others in a timely manner using a strong sense of focus, organization, and thoughtful team design
- Experience with ERP system implementation a strong plus
- Industry experience in healthcare a plus
- A passion for Alto’s mission and values!
About Our Benefits:
We believe that a happy mind and body make a happy and successful employee, so we're pleased to offer solutions that keep your mind and body refreshed and healthy. Our employees have access to comprehensive medical, dental, and vision care packages, on-demand counseling services with Ginger, on-site meditation and mindfulness classes, and discounted gym memberships.
Peace of mind allows our employees to focus on what matters in life! That's why we think it's important to ensure your home, family and funds are protected. Alto Pharmacy offers benefits like group life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance, not to mention a health savings account, flexible spending account options, commuter benefits and more.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.