We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
Alto Pharmacy is looking for a Patient Care Pharmacist to be a key member of Alto’s Denver office. As part of the Pharmacist Team in Denver, you will help set the tone for the culture and will be responsible for getting prescriptions to patients accurately, safely and efficiently. You will have the opportunity to improve the existing processes and work directly with the engineering team to improve our internal systems in order to optimize health outcomes.
Alto’s mission is to fulfill medicine’s true purpose - to improve quality of life - for everyone who needs it. As a health-tech startup, we are doing everything we can to fix a broken system and bring world-class care to patients in need. Join us in creating a simplified, modern-day pharmacy for our patients and making it a delightful experience. We’ve built a culture focused on putting the patient first, and we want your help! If you are passionate about our mission and have the desire to shape the future of pharmacy, apply now!
What you would do:
- Work closely with members of the team to manage patient’s medications and overall health, including but not limited to:
- Providing in-person or remote patient consultations
- Making therapeutic decisions that prioritize patient safety and quality of care
- Facilitating prescription transfers
- Working collaboratively with clinics to receive, clarify, and verify prescription orders
- Ensuring patient safety by monitoring drug therapies and delivering appropriate interventions
- Advise patients on general health topics such as diet, exercise, and managing stress, and on other issues such as what equipment or supplies would be best to treat a health problem
- Check prescriptions for accuracy
- Work interactively with a local and/or dispersed team to achieve company business and compliance goals/objectives
- Stay abreast of relevant and evolving regulatory and industry standards, ensure that appropriate action is initiated, and communicate these trends to applicable personnel
- Able to work NIGHTS/WEEKENDS, up to 11pm on weekdays and 8pm on weekends
- Must currently be licensed as a Pharmacist in the state of Colorado
- 2+ years of working experience in a retail pharmacy setting
- Values teamwork and demonstrates a positive attitude, good work ethic and sound clinical acumen
- Able to remain organized, analytical and detail oriented when faced with ambiguity
- Adept at prioritizing and being resourceful with minimal direction
- Excellent communication skills and enthusiastic about providing an outstanding patient experience via phone, text, and email
- Finds opportunities to go above and beyond for patients and deliver world-class patient experiences in a continually growing environment
- Thinks about the broader aspects of Pharmacy and wants to improve on everything that makes the pharmacy tick.
- Understands how software can be used to improve business processes and is experienced with MAC OS applications, Google Apps, and database applications
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.