Healthcare is complicated. But it doesn't have to be. Alto's mission is to fulfill medicine's true purpose—to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We are a modern pharmacy changing the way people manage and fill their prescriptions with a patient-centric, technology-driven online pharmacy. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions. More importantly, we offer cost transparency, personalized mobile support, and real-time coordination with doctors and insurance companies.
Getting medicine to everyone who needs it involves a dizzying number of moving parts. We aim to make every aspect of that experience as safe, seamless, and delightful as humanly possible. That's why we're committed to fixing a broken pharmacy industry and enhancing the quality of life for others.
We recently raised our Series D, surpassed 400 employees across six locations. Our journey is just beginning, and we welcome you to join us in building a better pharmacy experience for all who need it, everywhere.
The Head of Information Technology delivers the Information Systems & Technology vision, strategy and execution over multiple locations with a common ownership. This multi-unit technology manager will have a direct financial and operational benefit to each of the serviced ownership entities with a proven track record of managing a team and diverse vendors and systems across different businesses with different management. Each of our sites and offices has very specific and individual IT support requirements to support the individualized services and staff at each location.
The successful Director of IT shall have strong skills and experience across six core competencies:
- Business Acumen: A relationship manager with strong communication skills and the ability to innovate, influence Alto leadership as well partner with our Engineering teams through complicated IT projects, planning and decisions.
- Financial Management: Ability to understand, communicate, analyse and manage financial matters related to IT such as budgeting, forecasting, procurement, negotiation and contracting. The Director of IT is able to complete business cases for projects with a technology component and provide return on investment and cost avoidance analysis for ownership to review.
- Vendor Management: Manage external service providers, SaaS partners and consultants through each phase of implementations and ongoing maintenance.
- Security & Compliance: Leads operations to ensure privacy and PII compliance
- Technical Skills: Technical leadership and skills with the ability to coach, mentor, teach and grow technical skills to IT professionals including network engineers, IT support professionals, business systems analysts and program managers.
- Talent Development: Leading a team of local IT resources requires strong mentor-ship and development skills.
- You will lead, mentor, inspire and grow a team of technology professions and vendors responsible for business applications
- Maintain relationships with IT vendors and key consultants
- Developing and overseeing metrics for infrastructure utilization
- Manage inventory including device procurement and configuration, and ongoing device inventory audits
- Coordinating IT activities to ensure data availability and network services with as little downtime as necessary
- Oversee IT information security, at all infrastructure levels spanning on-prem to cloud, as well as remote endpoints
- Managing IT access control systems for SaaS platforms, such as Okta, G Suite, Salesforce, and Workday
- Identifying IT/internal systems security vulnerabilities and eliminating them with strategic solutions that increase security
- Manage device management systems and processes which ensure all organization devices and software are running with latest security updates
- Directing and supporting the implementation of new software and hardware including expansion IT infrastructure supporting access and working conditions
- Identifying and recommending new technology solutions
- Managing the organization's help desk
- Perform new hire and ongoing staff training regarding IT practices
- 12+ years of experience in information technology leadership roles, including experience scaling a team through high growth at a top tech company (B2B and/or health care experience preferred)
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a technical management role overseeing IT staff and operations
- Demonstrated success leading and scaling teams, including employees, vendors, and contractors
- Excellent team building, project management, and communication skills
- Experience deploying and securing solutions leveraging Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Experience selecting and implementing SaaS business technologies including Workday, Salesforce and others
- Experience with information and network security and risk management, including working knowledge of current security protocols and threats
- Outstanding leadership skills - leads teams to deliver on ambitious business goals, inspires their best work, mentors and develops their careers
- Highly networked, easily attracts top talent
- Proven data-driven decision maker
- Smart, energetic and relentless in the pursuit of moving the needle
- Outstanding verbal and written communication with a special knack for telling stories in a clear, intriguing and effective way
- Serious attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
- Excellent at collaborating across all functions, with all types of people, at all levels