The Benefits Manager designs and offers programs in support of the employee experience to help achieve our “People First” mentality, reflective of our “Patients Come First” company value. They must be motivated to creatively enhance the design and delivery of Alto’s benefit programs as the company continues its strong growth trajectory and expansion. The Benefits Manager is responsible for planning, strategic development, benchmarking, analysis, compliance, overall administration and employee support for the full suite of US employee benefit programs.
The Benefits Manager will work closely with several Alto teams, (including HRBPs, Immigration and Relocation, Accounts Payable, Payroll and IT), and build a strong working relationship with our benefit and payroll vendors. They will innovate the benefit portfolio, ensuring Alto is in the leading quadrant of employers factoring in considerations such as self-funding, wellness and perks programs! With a strong focus on customer service, the Benefits Manager interacts directly with employees to ensure all of their benefits questions and needs are taken care of. If you thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with a knack for getting things done - then this opportunity is perfect for you!
- You will research and recommend benefits programs after analyzing options and preparing analytical reports (including plan design, employee participation / enrollment data, and benefit cost trending), to support budget requests and forecasting to achieve business objectives
- You will be responsible for maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements, as well as understand and apply benefits-related legislative and taxation requirements
- You will be responsible for informing and educating new, existing and exiting employees about benefit offerings, policy and processes
- You will manage all benefit categories (Health, Life, Disability, Investment & Retirement, Leave, Workers Compensation, Wellness, Perks, etc.,) including associated end-to-end benefits processes such as Open Enrolment and Qualifying Life Events
- You will document processes and encourage streamlining through technology selection, automation and outsourcing related to benefits programs, vendors, brokers, etc.
- You will develop a strong partnership with vendors, brokers and suppliers, negotiating and managing benefits related contracts
- You will ensure ongoing benefit data accuracy review all benefit integration errors; ensure timely payments and validate accuracy of premium calculations, accruals and deductions; and ensure all necessary documentation is stored in electronic employee files
- You will be the domain expert and direct support for employee benefit inquiries, partnering with benefits broker and benefits providers as needed
- You will audit benefit invoices and bills, documentation amounts and submit for payment, including correspondence with vendors and accounts payable to resolve discrepancies; and audit claim amounts on our self-funded plans and authorize payment
- You will manage the planning and roll out of US open enrollment including but not limited to implementation of new benefit carriers, employee communication, training and data auditing
- You have 5-10 years experience in Total Rewards or Benefits management, preferably in the technology industry
- Familiarity with EEO, ADA, Family Leave and other regulations regarding employment and employee welfare
- Familiarity with legislative requirements such as FMLA, COBRA, ERISA, HIPAA, ACA, discrimination testing, Form 5500 and similar programs
- You have experience managing vendors/brokers to optimal productivity and performance
- You have superior written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, delivering a high level of service & quality
- You are resourceful, exhibit excellent teamwork, problem solving and client focus skills
- You have a “Roll up your sleeves” attitude and adaptability skills in a fast-paced environmentYou have superior written and verbal communications
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.