We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
We are seeking an eager Pharmacy Technician to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. As a Care Specialist I, you are passionate about changing the traditional pharmacy model for the better. You'll work with a group who is excited and dedicated to significantly improve the pharmacy patient experience and will have the opportunity to contribute well beyond the normal duties of a pharmacy technician.
Employment is conditional upon having an active or provisional PTCB certification. After completion of the provisional license, successful new hires will need to write the PTCB exam within 18 months. Alto will cover the cost of your registration fee and renewals upon expiration.
Responsibilities of a Pharmacy Technician Level I:
- Intake prescriptions into our Pharmacy Management system
- Handle all prescription renewals
- Work with patients and other pharmacies to assist with transfers
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- 0-2 years of experience as a pharmacy technician
- A current pharmacy technician license with the State of Texas is required
- PTCB or provisional license is required
- Friendly disposition and outstanding customer service skills
- Ability and eagerness to learn and operate a new pharmacy management system and other relevant equipment
- Ability to interpret, transcribe and troubleshoot prescription information
- Ability to perform common math calculations
- Thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment where you own your role from start to finish.
- Believe in Alto’s mission and our company values of always putting the patient first, having a mindset of humility, and acting with a sense of urgency.
It is a plus if you:
- Have a current pharmacy technician license free of any disciplinary actions
- Have PTCB accreditation
- Work autonomously and have the capacity to work effectively in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Are reliable, adaptable and adjust to changes in process quickly
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.