Healthcare is complicated... but it doesn't have to be. Alto is a modern pharmacy transforming the way people manage and fill their prescriptions with a patient-centric, technology-driven experience. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions - but more importantly, we aim to be healthcare partners to our patients by offering cost transparency, personalized support, and real-time coordination with doctors and insurance companies.
We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date and surpassed 500 employees across six locations. Our journey is just beginning, and we welcome you to join us in building a safe, seamless, and delightful pharmacy experience for all who need it, everywhere.
About the team
Our Pharmacy team aims to: streamline communication and coordination between patients, providers and insurance companies, provide patients with better, and more personalized quality of care, and get patients the medications they need as quickly as possible and at the best price possible.
As a Senior Product Designer for our Pharmacy platform, you will work closely with your product managers, engineering leads, and operations teams to take ownership and solve our biggest product challenges. You will be involved in driving the end-to-end development process: from early research, to developing a vision, to polished pixels and launch. There is a massive opportunity to provide value as we rethink the platform that enables over 250 pharmacy employees to provide exceptional service to our patients. The work that you and your team will do here will help us scale as we expand to 50 fulfillment centers across the US, enabling a greater level of access for people to their life-saving medications.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Collaborate closely with your product and engineering leads to strategize and execute on projects that improve the experience for our patients, providers and ops team
- Drive the end-to-end development process: from early research, to uncovering opportunities, to validating hypotheses through constant iteration and experimentation
- Employ your full stack of design tools (e.g. interaction, visual) to develop and advocate for experiences people love
- Develop multiple directions to approach a problem from widely different angles in a quick timeline
- Deliver timely solutions that meet intended project goals and result in outcomes that positively impact key metrics
- Build relationships with stakeholders by listening to needs, inviting collaboration on planning and strategy development and communicating timely updates
- Plan, lead and execute user research, from ethnography to usability studies
- Incorporate metrics and data analysis to identify problems and goals
- Evangelize best design practices and find opportunities to elevate confidence in research and design across the larger company
A bit about you:
- 5+ years of professional experience designing user-friendly experiences for web, desktop and mobile and are fluent in the latest product design trends, tools and technologies cross platform
- You're a creative, curious, problem solver who loves to detangle complexity
- Feel at home either working with consumer apps or complex internal tools
- You love fast-paced environments and have a bias towards shipping and learning, rather than perfection
- Experience leading product design from opportunity development, to concept, to shipment and partnering with user research and data analytics teams to translate insights to inform solutions
- The ability to tell a compelling story verbally and through visuals
- Strong prototyping experience at multiple levels of fidelity and ability to integrate prototyping skills and utilization on your team
- The ability to design and document user flows and design components at a system level
In order for your application to be considered, we require a portfolio or case studies demonstrating: shipment of multiple products successfully; application of interaction design patterns to solve complex workflows; expertise in wielding information hierarchy, layout, composition, and typography. Please provide a link to your portfolio with your application.