We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
As a Patient Care Pharmacist Team Lead at Alto Pharmacy, you are passionate about our mission and have the desire to shape the future of pharmacy. You thrive in ambiguity and see this opportunity to help expand our office to its full potential. You are excited to help solve the nuances of an evolving operation and develop the culture of the team. You are able to pull up to a birds eye view to see patterns and issues to make solutions. You are an inspiring and organized leader that truly values the impact Alto’s work makes on our patients. You always put the patient first. You are scrappy and resourceful, and view mistakes as an opportunity to go above and beyond.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the security and integrity of the facility
- Ensure that the pharmacy is in compliance with the following:
- Local, state, and federal rules and regulations regarding the practice of pharmacy
- Policies and procedures as set forth by Alto
- Third party payor contract rules and regulations held by Alto
- Regularly monitor and evaluate staff performance, provide recognition and/or learning or coaching opportunities, and take corrective action, if necessary.
- Aid human resources department in recruitment process by interviewing potential hires and outlining clear job expectations
- Conduct annual staff performance reviews
- Review and approve employee time sheets on a regular basis
- Write/maintain schedule for direct reports including managing time off requests
- Initiate onboarding or offboarding processes
- Occasional travel to meet with direct reports in order to stay engaged and strengthen distant relationship
- Conduct regular 1:1 with direct reports to maintain relationship and communication
- Able to work frontlines practicing pharmacy as a PCP while performing lead tasks about ~80/20 of the time (will flex depending on the day/needs of the business)
- Effectively triage and facilitate patient escalations that arise
- Implement and enforce quality work from the pharmacists by conducting quality of work audits and providing direct feedback
- Accurately collect and analyze data to identify issues, offer recommendations along with consequences and work to mitigate risks
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Communicate well with multiple stakeholders across different pharmacy sites
- Demonstrate leadership skills and uphold a positive attitude
- Are able to train, motivate, and coach staff in order to maintain high patient care standards and build team morale
- Are able to be highly productive with minimal oversight.
- Work simultaneously and efficiently on multiple engagements and priorities.
- Have a strong understanding of customer care operations and analytics
- Believe in Alto’s mission and our company values of always putting the patient first, having a mindset of humility, and acting with a sense of urgency.
- Can make quick and thoughtful decisions
- Certified and in good standing by the Texas Board of Pharmacy
- 5+ years of PIC experience in retail pharmacy
- Able to sit for required non-resident licensing exams within 6 months of hire