Alto Pharmacy is looking for a per diem/PRN Patient Care Pharmacist who is excited about changing the way pharmacy interacts with providers and patients in order to improve health outcomes. We are a fast-moving company with many moving parts, and here you'll help steer the future of Alto in California.
Pharmacists at Alto work cross-functionally across operations, engineering and design teams to build a better pharmacy from the ground up. You’ll play a key part by providing comprehensive and accurate metrics around clinical utilization review and dispensing services that include:
- Verifying prescriptions for completeness and accuracy of new and refill prescriptions.
- How to triage an issue with a prescription should it arise to the appropriate team
- 2+ years working in a retail pharmacy
- Licensed and in good standing by the California Board of Pharmacy
- Adaptable and resourceful to problem solve
- Eager to measure and improve accuracy and productivity
- Believes in continuous improvement and has creative ideas on what needs to change in the industry
- Is passionate about improving the patient experience
- Can make quick, thoughtful, and confident decisions
- Enjoys working with a team and maintains a positive attitude in the workplace
- Flexible schedule with ability to work nights and weekends, if needed.
- Aligns with Alto’s mission and values
- Can confidently work autonomously
- Not required, but it’s a plus if you have background in specialty dispensing area (comfortable with injectables and fertility medications)
- Not required, but it’s a plus if you have additional pharmacist licenses in states other than California
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.