We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
We are seeking an experienced Sr. Network Engineer that can take point on all things routing, switching, network security, circuits, WiFi, VPN and more as we continue to scale our operations.
You are an ideal candidate for this role if you:
- You don’t just want to inherit an existing infrastructure, but take pride and ownership in building it from scratch.
- Have a mindset of iterative improvement – you take the extra step for attention to detail and continually monitor, optimize, and fine tune our infrastructure and processes.
- You grow by growing others… as our team continues to expand, you thrive on mentoring and sharing knowledge with others to help them succeed.
- You’re willing to lend a hand in areas such as IT support or onboarding – i.e. no job is too small or above you.
- You can chip in on developing automation (scripting) and management tools to keep our practices lean, efficient and free of mundane, repetitive tasks.
Core responsibilities of this role include:
- Design, implement, monitor and scale network infrastructure operations – from picking the right equipment to racking, configuring, maintaining and monitoring. Familiarity with Cisco Meraki, VPNs, WiFi, LAN/WAN circuits required.
- Design and enforce all facets of network security, including authentication, IPS, firewalls, network segregation, content filtering, device hardening and configuration, and support of third party security audits including evidence gathering, walkthroughs, and reporting.
- Provide exceptional customer support via ticketing system and on-call incidents.
- Lead the design of our network monitoring and alerting service design including tool selection and implementation, escalation to other teams, and day-to-day review.
- Participate and contribute toward change management, incident management, architecture design, including documentation, awareness, risk analysis and root cause analysis.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network events and create event documentation accordingly
- Take ownership of level-appropriate customer requests and issues and engineer escalations, seeing them through to resolution
- Escalate to vendors and follow up as needed to ensure problem resolution
- Provide on-call coverage for out of hours support
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Travel to new sites across the US to establish new site operations and engage with various parts of the business for requirements gathering and project alignment.
In summary, if you are looking to be part of a team that doesn’t hide behind the keyboard, but instead actively engages with all corners of our business to provide exceptional customer service as well as technical hands-on expertise, apply today!
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.