The mission for the Sr. Workforce Manager is to develop our operations workforce management strategy and support the operations team in executing to this strategy to ensure Alto processes and best practices are adhered to. The Workforce manager will also be responsible for developing key metrics and rubrics to track the effectiveness of our workforce planning including forecasting, staffing, and scheduling across our Care organization and setting a strategy to improve on these metrics over time.
- Develop overall strategy for where we can make the most gains related to capacity planning including operational efficiencies by evaluating all aspects of forecasting, staffing, and scheduling, including short and long-term call, action, and message volume and staffing projections based on historical trends and order/shipment projections; demonstrate the ability to make suggestions for enhancements.
- Foster a deep understanding of Alto’s Operations and Standard Work practices; direct accountability for helping to improve operational efficiency and lowering our cost to serve while we improve the overall patient experience. Drive improvement in the accuracy, quality and efficiency of forecasts by aligning people, process and technology solutions.
- Develop short and long term strategy for the workforce planning functions, in coordination with pods and leads, including the development of KPIs, and maintain accurate forecasting to meet performance standards and ensure that our KPIs are achieved. Develop action plans if measures are not being met and provide these recommendations to Care leadership.
- Further develop Alto’s scheduling and reporting best practices and train our leads the principles that will help them manage their teams most effectively. Think critically to set goals and improve on metrics over time.
- Provide regular updates to the capacity plan when variables change as a result of business drivers and keep all impacted stakeholders informed. Proactively work with the Care leadership to assure that staffing requirements are understood and being addressed.
- Maintain staff performance by monitoring volume, adjusting and reallocating resources as necessary. Ensure staffing optimization including planning for off-line activities to support operations needs (i.e. training, one-on-ones, and meetings). Refine existing schedules to align with evolving business priorities while finding efficiencies across the organization.
- Build a workforce team (forecaster, scheduler, and real-time analysts), providing coaching, development and support for them in their roles and helping them to achieve their full potential.
- Develop direct reports in the incorporation and use of industry standard or emerging technologies related to reporting of analytics and data.
- Build collaborative relationships with a cross-functional team including operations leaders, HR, recruiting, training, and project management, while proactively communicating needs and opportunities to operations management.
- Continue to build knowledge base around other operations functions (i.e. Provider Success, Specialty Pods, Fulfillment and Production) and determine areas you can help
- Manage special projects as assigned.
- High degree of interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills with strong ability to present both qualitative and quantitative information in a clear, concise and persuasive manner to all levels of the organization
- Proven experience with telephony infrastructure and call/skills-based routing management
- Project management skills with a results orientation and demonstrated project ownership
- Leadership skills in establishing effective working relationships and producing desired outcomes in a quickly scaling organization
- Excellent consultative and teamwork skills with ability to establish strong partnerships with internal work groups
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in succinct terms.
- Exceptional analytical skills, business insight and strategic orientation
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines and working in a fast-paced environment
- 5+ years of experience in analytical and workforce management and mulit-channel contact center operations, as well as a background with WFM Systems technology, forecasting and scheduling in a complex skills-based routing environment
- 3+ years of experience leading, coaching, and/or training employees in WFM contact center leadership roles or comparable experience
- Robust knowledge of contact center metrics and forecasting processes and contact center best practices
- Advanced Google sheets or Microsoft Excel skills Intermediate or advanced proficiency in the use of other database management software preferred to assist with spreadsheet development
- Familiarity with workforce management forecasting platforms
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, health care administration, finance, statistics, mathematics or a related field, OR 4 years of experience in a directly related field required
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
- Preferred experience in Healthcare or Pharmacy