We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
You will be our first ‘boots on the ground’ in a new market and will be responsible for getting a new market up and running from a cold start. Your role will span multiple functions and will vary from day to day and market to market. Think of yourself as the traveling city GM: arrive in a new market, operationalize the facility and free yourself up to move on to the next market. At the end of the day you are responsible for the on-time launch of a new market.
- You will play a direct role in all set up activities for new markets and are ultimately responsible for the successful launch of Alto’s pharmacy locations in new markets.
- Take the lead and coordinate with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure each new Alto location launches according to its planned date and standards, meeting all expected key metrics.
- Build upon our expansion playbook and be relentless about improving our processes to make our expansion efforts more successful, predictable and scalable over time.
- Work closely with the city GM to ensure successful launch of new markets. In markets where a GM has not been hired yet, step in to fill the void.
- Be a champion of Alto’s culture and bring our fun, empathetic, and inclusive work culture to new markets.
- Facilitate communications between the new market and HQ: you’ll update the company on performance, and make sure the new market team is up to speed on everything we’re working on.
- Develop a deep understanding of the market and communicate actionable insights that inform our launch and go-to-market decisions. You will spend time speaking to locals, industry players, and potential partners, and analyze data to validate your hypotheses.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- At least 5 years of experience in high-growth and dynamic startup environments.
- At least a B.A./B.S. in Business, Finance, Economics or any related field.
- Very organized with excellent project management and communication skills and the ability to work across all levels of an organization.
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones through clear and concise communication and reporting tools.
- Ability to balance swift pace of execution with attention to detail.
- Problem-solving mindset, ready to crack any challenge that comes your way, all while being resilient.
- Flexibility: Launching new markets means you will spend a lot of time on the road, traveling to wherever business needs you on short notice.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Ability to build relationships, lead a team, manage employees, and create a hard-working but fun workplace.
- Self-motivated, self-directed and accountable to take ownership of tasks to ensure solution.
- Have a passion for Alto’s mission and values!
You’ll love this role if you:
- Want to be a part of a fast-paced and ever changing start up
- Enjoy playing a key role at the company level and want to be apart of Alto’s success.
- Want a passionate, humble, and exciting culture
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.