Alto is building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our team is dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it.
We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
As our first Senior Service Designer, you’ll work closely with the product, research, pharmacy, and operations teams to create human-centered processes that work for our patients, our 250+ front and back stage operations team members, and key stakeholders. The work that you and your team will do here will help us scale as we expand to 50 fulfillment centers across the US, enabling a greater level of access for people to their life saving medications.
- Leverage human-centered design knowledge to collaborate with stakeholders to define, plan, and design the appropriate end-to-end cross-channel experiences and solutions from a patient point of view
- Identify and advocate for new design opportunities, and shape and scope initiatives for them
- Balance end user (internal product/design/tech teams) perspectives with external customer perspectives when prioritizing what problems to solve and the solutions to solve them
- Seek out strategic partnerships across the organization at every level to enable change management and build improvements
- Work across physical and digital spaces to identify and implement service improvements and new service lines
- Lead the creation of pilots and prototypes to validate new service lines and improvements
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers and other designers to ensure design drives desired UX, business, and technical outcomes
- Build relationships with end users and stakeholders by listening to their needs, collaborate on planning and strategy development, and communicate updates in a timely manner
- Evangelize design best practices and find opportunities to elevate confidence in the design team’s work across the larger company
- Build solutions that act upon multiple levels (quick, medium, and long-term wins)
- Lead the formalization of customer experience metrics from both a qualitatively and quantitative perspective
- Use and develop sketches, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, member experience blueprints, and visual concepts
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- A portfolio demonstrating: large scale service and process changes that led to meaningful change for end-users, employees, and stakeholders, and strong skills in visual communication, service mapping, design research, and change management
- 5-8 years of professional experience in designing and applying service design techniques to solve complex workflows that span digital and physical channels
- Fluency in core service design methods (i.e. service blueprints, experience mapping) and the ability to lead and mentor designers and non-designers to participate in a service design practice and process
- Experience in design research techniques to generate and validate concepts
- Mastery in creating and facilitating design-led workshops to engage and build alignment across different teams and functions
- Experience aligning partners and shepherding stakeholders to bring experiments and pilots to life
- Well-roundedness in designing experiences across both customer and expert (employee) based systems that span digital and physical touchpoints
- Experience working with both engineering and operation organizations to make changes to both process and software tools
- The ability to tell a compelling story through visuals and verbally
- Experience with service prototyping at multiple levels of fidelity and elevating prototyping
- The ability to jump in on product design problems when necessary (preferred)
- A BFA or MFA in a fields of interaction, graphic, industrial, or service design (preferred)
- Experience working on complex enterprise software with operations teams (preferred)
- Healthcare or supply chain experience (preferred)
- Past design or management consulting experience (preferred)
To apply, we require a strong portfolio that showcases your breadth and depth of experience. Please supply a link to your portfolio with your application.