Alto is a modern pharmacy changing the way people manage and fill their prescriptions with a tech-driven, patient-centric, online pharmacy. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions. More importantly, Alto offers cost transparency, personalized mobile support, and real-time coordination with doctors and insurance companies. Our mission is to fulfill medicine’s true purpose - to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it.
We recently raised our Series D, surpassed 400 employees across six locations, and achieved $200M ARR in 2019. Start-up tracker, CB Insights, recently listed Alto as one of the top 50 private companies around the world on a path to a $1 billion valuation. Alto is also featured in The New York Times (2/19) article “These 50 Start-Ups Maybe the Next “Unicorns’.“
As the Consumer and Markets Insights expert on our Expansion team, you will help set the vision for the team and the company in identifying go-to-market strategies for us to grow as we scale from 5 markets today to over 50 in 36 months. The ideal candidate will be energized by the idea of creating, conducting, and scaling market research programs, inspiring actions across Marketing, Sales, and Growth, and leading Alto into its next phase of growth. You love getting in front of partners and consumers, learning about their needs and preferences, understanding the nuances of their local market, and equally important, synthesizing these learnings into digestible and actionable insights.
You will become the expert on each of our new potential markets and ultimately use your research to develop our go-to-market playbooks and strategies. To do that, you will be responsible for understanding market dynamics, uncovering competitive insights, identifying our ideal partner and consumer profiles, and creating relationships with potential future customers.
We are looking for an exceptional thinker and doer to lead this new role and shape this function for the first time at a very exciting time in Alto’s expansion and growth journey. This role will report into our Expansion Strategy leader.
- Own the research agenda, define the most important research questions, design research methodologies, and lead and implement surveys, customer interviews and focus groups
- Develop frameworks and tools for analyzing and synthesizing customer, competitor, cultural, and business insights and turning it all into smart and actionable strategies
- Play a pivotal role in the development and execution of expansion playbooks and market launches while representing the voice of both Doctors/Providers and Consumers
- Forge strong relationships cross-functionally to align insights to each line of business, ensuring that research projects meet business needs
You are an ideal candidate if:
- You have 4+ years of industry experience in Market Research, Consumer Insights and advocating for the customer
- You have consumer healthcare experience, ideally in a startup or other fast-changing environment
- You’re a strong partner to the leadership level, you have proven abilities to influence a company’s strategy based on insights
- You’re able to quickly synthesize and communicate research data in ambiguous situations and settings and without the total picture. You’re able to scale insights alongside UX, Marketing, Sales, Product, Operations
- You’re a strong communicator and storyteller
- You have strong business judgment, can drive strategic discussions, and ultimately deliver real outcomes
- Are able to travel up to 33% of your time
- You have a passion for Alto’s mission and values!