We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
Alto is building the world's most patient-centric, tech enabled pharmacy, and we are seeking a Senior Manager, Revenue to be a key member of our quickly growing Accounting team. You will lead the revenue team and play a critical role in ensuring the accuracy of Alto’s financial information. In this role you will be the go-to person for revenue in the company. As a result, you will gain exposure to senior-level decision making and develop lasting relationships across the company.
The ideal candidate needs to be a dynamic self-starter with a passion for continuous process improvement in a fast paced, high growth environment, and the ability to clearly communicate deliverables and recommendations.
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Manager, Revenue will:
- Manage monthly close activities including accounting for all related revenue transactions, financial statement analysis, reconciliation review, billings and collections, reserve for doubtful accounts, bad debts and customer rebates and refunds
- Review and interpret policies, reporting requirements, rules and regulations, providing guidance to direct reports on complex accounting / disclosure issues, and ensuring timely communication of issues to relevant stakeholders
- Work cross functionally to evaluate new strategic partnership contracts to determine appropriate accounting treatment under ASC 606 and implement new processes and systems to operationalize and ensure compliance (including maintenance of Alto’s revenue recognition policy)
- Work with internal finance, engineering, expansion, operations and billing teams to strengthen the order to cash process, identify and implement automation efforts, and document controls
- Drive continuous action with internal team members to obtain timely payment on failed transactions and resolve undistributed cash
- Manage multiple systems to ensure timely and accurate accounts receivable aged reporting and ensure tight processes around the identification of outstanding aging balances to be written-off as uncollectible
- Develop and mobilize the setup of processes, procedures and other improvement efficiencies, managing and contributing to the department and company initiatives to improve processes and understand / translate financial impacts.
- Ensures IT systems effectively support accounting transactions and that appropriate team members are trained on systems. Manages system issues with IT and suggests improvements where appropriate.
- Lead and manage a team of direct reports, driving performance by setting goals and development plans and fostering an environment to achieve those goals, through ongoing feedback and conducting performance reviews
- Act as point revenue liaison for external auditors for year-end audits
What You'll Need
- 8+ years of increasing responsibility within accounting roles. Must have experience managing high volumes of revenue and receivables with multiple revenue streams.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable order to cash processes, US GAAP (including ASC 606), systems, internal controls, and corporate procedures
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Meticulous attention to detail and effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong people management experience, high EQ, and proven ability to deliver outstanding results through others in a timely manner using a strong sense of focus, organization, and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and other office software application
- Passionate about building a young company and comfortable working in a fast-past changing environment
- Proven ability to thrive working in a highly collaborative team environment
- Strong ability to self-reflect, learn, and be honest about development areas
- Experience with system implementation a strong plus
- Industry experience in healthcare a plus
- A passion for Alto’s mission and values!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
You’ll love this role if you:
- Want to be a part of a fast-paced and ever changing start up
- Enjoy playing a key role at the company level and want to be part of Alto’s success.
- Want a passionate, humble, and exciting culture
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.