We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
Alto is looking to hire a Per Diem (On-Call) Pharmacy Technician at our Los Angeles location to help support our team and deliver world-class service to patients. The Pharmacy Technician will expedite the processing of prescriptions and help maintain the non-prescription aspects of the pharmacy department. This position is on-call and does not have guaranteed weekly hours.
- Licensed pharmacy technician in the state of California, CPhT
- Believe in Alto’s mission and our company values
Listed below are duties to be performed by the registered pharmacy technician:
- Expedite the processing of prescriptions by performing all duties necessary and allowable, by policy or law, in preparation of filling and in the distribution of the prescription to the patient which include:
- Entering accurate information into the computer in order to generate labels for new or refill prescriptions, affixing those labels on containers and placing medication in the appropriate container
- Retrieving appropriate medication(s) from stock
- Counting tablets/capsules or pour liquids in appropriate quantities
- Assisting the pharmacist in preparing and reconstituting medications
The registered pharmacy technician shall also be involved in the following functions that are not directly related to the actual filling of prescriptions:
- Organization and filing of new prescriptions and patient profiles
- Restocking and reordering supplies when necessary. Supplies may include vials, bags, printer labels and paper
- Manage inventory as follows: Receive drug order from wholesaler, restock shelves
- Check inventory for appropriate “shelf life” remaining before expiration, pull expired or nearly expired items
- Assist the pharmacist by reordering items for both prescription and over-the-counter departments, ordering new items as needed and shorted and backordered items. Communicate with the pharmacist and /or customer about item availability, when necessary.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.