Alto is a modern pharmacy changing the way people manage and fill their prescriptions with a tech-driven, patient-centric, online pharmacy. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions. More importantly, Alto offers cost transparency, personalized mobile support, and real-time coordination with doctors and insurance companies. Our mission is to fulfill medicine’s true purpose - to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it.
We recently raised our Series C, surpassed 200 employees across four locations, and are on track to achieve $1B ARR by the end of 2020. Start-up tracker, CB Insights, recently listed Alto as one of the top 50 private companies around the world on a path to a $1 billion valuation. Alto is also featured in The New York Times (2/19) article “These 50 Start-Ups May Be the Next 'Unicorns’".
Alto is looking to hire a Per Diem Pharmacy Technician at our Las Vegas location to help support our team and deliver world-class service to patients. The Pharmacy Technician will expedite the processing of prescriptions and help maintain the non-prescription aspects of the pharmacy department.
- Licensed pharmacy technician in the state of Nevada, CPhT - 1+ years experience as a technician in a pharmacy setting
- Believe in Alto’s mission and our company values
Listed below are duties to be performed by the registered pharmacy technician:
-Expedite the processing of prescriptions by performing all duties necessary and allowable, by policy or law, in preparation of filling and in the distribution of the prescription to the patient which include:
- Entering accurate information into the computer in order to generate labels for new or refill prescriptions, affixing those labels on containers and placing medication in the appropriate container
- Retrieving appropriate medication(s) from stock
- Counting tablets/capsules or pour liquids in appropriate quantities
- Assisting the pharmacist in preparing and reconstituting medications
The registered pharmacy technician shall also be involved in the following functions that are not directly related to the actual filling of prescriptions:
- Organization and filing of new prescriptions and patient profiles
- Restocking and reordering supplies when necessary. Supplies may include vials, bags, printer labels and paper
- Manage inventory as follows: Receive drug order from wholesaler, restock shelves
- Check inventory for appropriate “shelf life” remaining before expiration, pull expired or nearly expired items
- Assist the pharmacist by reordering items for both prescription and over-the-counter departments, ordering new items as needed and shorted and backordered items. Communicate with the pharmacist and /or customer about item availability, when necessary.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.