We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
We are looking for an infrastructure engineer to be a key member of our quickly growing team. As one of the first 5 infrastructure engineers at Alto, you will join a passionate team creating a completely new pharmacy experience from the ground up. As an infrastructure engineer at Alto, you will have the opportunity to steer how we enable scalable, secure growth and will enable the Product team to build great experiences for our patients, providers, and coworkers.
Example projects you might work on:
- Overhaul application and system observability - As our systems scale to enable our rapidly growing business, we need to be able to diagnose problems with ease across one or many services. You will guide the choices we make and the technologies we choose to improve our observability as we grow.
- Optimize database performance - As we scale, the query load on our databases will continue to increase. You’ll enable us to understand that system at a deep, granular level and modify our database infrastructure to scale up as we grow.
- Improve our staging environment - It’s critical to have a production-like testing environment when rolling out complicated code in an environment as fast-paced as ours. You’ll design a staging environment that reproduces production behavior and will be used throughout the company to better ensure reliability and robustness.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience writing production code.
- Thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment where you own products from start to finish, and make decisions quickly and independently.
- Built or maintained a Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) pipeline previously.
- Are a pragmatist, with an approach to problem solving that’s biased towards business impact.
About Our Benefits:
We believe that a happy mind and body make a happy and successful employee, so we're pleased to offer solutions that keep your mind and body refreshed and healthy. Our employees have access to comprehensive medical, dental, and vision care packages, on-demand counseling services with Ginger, on-site meditation and mindfulness classes, and discounted gym memberships.
Peace of mind allows our employees to focus on what matters in life! That's why we think it's important to ensure your home, family and funds are protected. Alto Pharmacy offers benefits like group life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance, not to mention a health savings account, flexible spending account options, commuter benefits and more.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.