We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
We are looking for an infrastructure engineer to be a key member of our quickly growing team. As one of the first 5 infrastructure engineers at Alto, you will join a passionate team creating a completely new pharmacy experience from the ground up. As an infrastructure engineer at Alto, you will have the opportunity to steer how we enable scalable, secure growth and will enable the Product team to build great experiences for our patients, providers, and coworkers.
Example projects you might work on:
- Overhaul application and system observability - As our systems scale to enable our rapidly growing business, we need to be able to diagnose problems with ease across one or many services. You will guide the choices we make and the technologies we choose to improve our observability as we grow.
- Optimize database performance - As we scale, the query load on our databases will continue to increase. You’ll enable us to understand that system at a deep, granular level and modify our database infrastructure to scale up as we grow.
- Improve our staging environment - It’s critical to have a production-like testing environment when rolling out complicated code in an environment as fast-paced as ours. You’ll design a staging environment that reproduces production behavior and will be used throughout the company to better ensure reliability and robustness.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment where you own products from start to finish, and make decisions quickly and independently. You may break things, but you fix them with speed.
- Have 3-5+ years of experience writing production code.
- Built or maintained a Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) pipeline previously.
- Are a pragmatist, with an approach to problem solving that’s biased towards business impact.
Alto is a modern pharmacy changing the way people manage and fill their prescriptions with its tech-driven, patient-centric, online pharmacy. Alto provides same-day, free delivery for prescriptions, seven days a week. More importantly, Alto offers price transparency, personalized mobile support, and real-time coordination with doctors and insurance companies. Our mission is to fulfill medicine’s true purpose - to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. By developing an integrated platform that includes patients and doctors, offering free same-day delivery, and building a pricing engine to ensure patients always get the best price on their medications, we are bringing pharmacy into the modern era and making high-quality healthcare accessible to all.
We are a Series C startup with over $74M in funding and a current run rate of over $200M (4x a year ago), projected to break $1B ARR by the end of 2020. Start-up tracker, CB Insights, recently listed Alto as one of the top 50 private companies around the world on a path to a $1 billion valuation. Alto is also featured in The New York Times (2/19) article “These 50 Start-Ups May Be the Next ‘Unicorns’.”
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.